Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got of the phone with NHRA and was told 25.5 was good for 4.49 in the 1/8 , that would solve all the problems even with the nos VS TURBO VS blower issue. I think it would create parity, after all the first 660' is all about what you know and the back 660' is how much you can spend.Index racing sucks run 1/8 mile. Flame away

·
Registered
612 Posts
For someone who has raced 1/4 mile his whole life, 1/8 mile racing sucks. It is over before you know it. As for second half being about how much you spend, not the case anymore with turbo cars! Ask Mobley, he probably outspent Lynch and all. He couldn't run with him on the second half of the track if he had two motors.

·
Senior Frog
10,443 Posts
I just got of the phone with NHRA and was told 25.5 was good for 4.49 in the 1/8 , that would solve all the problems even with the nos VS TURBO VS blower issue. I think it would create parity, after all the first 660' is all about what you know and the back 660' is how much you can spend.Index racing sucks run 1/8 mile. Flame away
we already knew that.....
most races are 1/8 mile....and its more competitive blowerVSbottle.....Im all for it,screw that 1/4 mile parts
killing oil downing BS....Im tired of waiting on track cleanups
I wanna race....and I have no intention of adding more bars to my ride....
:drinkers:

·
Lord of Lords
4,166 Posts
hell my car ain't been but 8.9 2 times (at 165 tho :D ) but racing 1/8th mile allowed me to beat a procharger car that goes 7.80's 190mph on a holeshot cuz he wasn't on his game and fucked up the first half. 1/8th mile definately levels the field, if you aren't on you AAA+++ game you're dead! also gives the little guys a shot at hope in going rounds.

·
Registered
8,613 Posts
Even though I'm from the north were 1/4 racing rules the day, I have been to a few 1/8 track recently and they really do level the playing field. Nitrous cars are having a more difficult time running with the turbo/supercharged cars in the 1/4. 1/8 racing makes sense from a parts and time factor as well as giving more guys a shot at winning it with a proper working car.:)
Besides, going 200 mph on a radial and stock suspension is just rediculous, and someone is going to get hurt real bad real soon if something is not done.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I guess lets call it the 50 yard dash, cause I can't keep up to the 100.....Nex thing you know lets make is a 330 race cause my car falls off by the 660.....

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Us southern guys have been saying this since the SFI deal was brought up. When I ran 1/4 at Memphis I thought 1/4 was boring. All you do is hold on for another 660'. All the action is in the first 660'.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Us southern guys have been saying this since the SFI deal was brought up. When I ran 1/4 at Memphis I thought 1/4 was boring. All you do is hold on for another 660'. All the action is in the first 660'.
X2!

·
...failure to communicate
4,872 Posts
Even my slow ass car goes into 3rd gear around 550-600 feet. The back half is just keep it down and keep it straight.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
26,239 Posts
this is one of them convos that will never end..

the south is already there and has been running 1/8th for years..it makes for some of the badest racing on earth..plus its less costly on the pocket...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.