Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this isnt to talked to death about...
I have a turbo sb 92 stang, made 801 to the wheels, stock susp.. right now I have a 27x11.50x15 hoosier Quick time pro tire, they are about a year old(probably hard by now). I was at the track(mir) a few weeks ago, (first time out this year since converting to turbo) I launched on the first run at 3800 and fried the tires. had about 11.5psi in the tires. I am guessing I need new tires and was wondering if i should go with a drag radial (275-60-15) or go with a full on slick measuring the same, or a radial slick? I really dont have a class that im interested in( i ran the real street @ MIR) to run that class I would need a drag radial. I am no where near being competitive in the class , as I am hoping for the best traction. What would you guys recomend?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Hey Steve, I see you went turbo. How do you like it and what size turbo do you have on it?? Ive got 2 turbo kit's and havent used either one yet. I changed from the YSI to a F1R this year and Im making less power than I was last year. Im about fed up with the blower's and just need a little inspiration to put the turbo on it. Let me know what your combo is and what turbo kit youve got on it. Your ride must be screaming. Good Luck.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Steve, I see you went turbo. How do you like it and what size turbo do you have on it?? Ive got 2 turbo kit's and havent used either one yet. I changed from the YSI to a F1R this year and Im making less power than I was last year. Im about fed up with the blower's and just need a little inspiration to put the turbo on it. Let me know what your combo is and what turbo kit youve got on it. Your ride must be screaming. Good Luck.
So far I like it. No belt to deal with. I used an s480 bg turbo. 80mm. right now i have maxed my injectors out, they are the RC 750cc injectors, real nice but maxed out. I am only pushing around 18-19lbs of boost. I have traction issues, thats why I need some advice on tires. 1st run out i fried the tires real good had to get out of it and ran 151mph at the end but was only a 9.71. 60 fts. were shot.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Your are legal to run the 28 X 10 slick at MIR, I saw the car there at MIR, man it's clean!

I've had great luck with the hoosier 275 drag radial, but the 28 X 10 stiff wall slick recovers much better and will work on a marginal track.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your are legal to run the 28 X 10 slick at MIR, I saw the car there at MIR, man it's clean!

I've had great luck with the hoosier 275 drag radial, but the 28 X 10 stiff wall slick recovers much better and will work on a marginal track.
Thanks for the compliment! It looks like I am leaning toward the hoosier dr. I was alittle concerned about how much the tire grew at the end of the track with just a regular slick(i have the cobra ground fx) and the tire would probably rip off my side skirts. Thats why I am leaning more to the radial, being a dr. or a slick.
I am trying to get a couple of things figured out before the next real street race in sept. it was real wierd, first run went good other then the wheel spin, 2nd run, 1 of my spark wires was just hanging there like it was pulled off and also i blew my power brakes out(vacuum line came off). ? i zip tied everything and now swaping plugs+ a few other things.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I also email'd jason about running a slick, he said with what i have , i have to run a dr.? also thats what the rules say.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Sorry, was thinking of the NOS SB rules, not the turbo rules about the tires. I had the same issues that night with the car working and then blowing the tires off of it (old set of 325's). I love my 275 Hoosier tires, went 1.37 60ft with them.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Here you go man.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
I think it was him..........purevil. He has a procharged mustang right?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts