Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
production block. production heads. stock suspension (bolt on equipment only).
no intercoolers for the superchargers or turbo cars.
no efi for these cars either.

cool rules imo, i got a bbc built to these rules, the nmca f/s cars made the cross over with a power adder of one kind or another.
this was an "entry" level class at that time, low 9's and very high 8's was bad to the bone way back, forcucci, pirez and rudisell dominated the class most of the time. you knew who was in this class the same guys showed up at almost evey race. richdale was there with is car, bebees, swindle and their were others that i cant remember. this class got ink in the mags all the time.
others came to swindles ta board and said they wanted to run ta a bunch of people promised budd they would show up if the rules were tweaked just a little (aftermarket blocks and heads, way back then a raised runner head was not allowed in this class.
ok budd gave in the the aftermarket stuff (heads and block were allowed) my motor became a cool junk yard piece (its purple and looks cool in pics) but as for being competitive hell mid to low 9's was a joke after the rule change.
budd, mray, barnes and who ever had input for the original rules had their heads in the right place, then the shit hit fan,
the rest of this story mr powski can give to you in greater dretail then me.
these guys could still run with most of the other orgs with a radial tire class.
heck even mr cowle has a rambler wagon that was built to the original rules sitting in the corner of his shop.
pain pill and a coors is need after typing all this shit.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ONE MORE DETAIL HERE

EVEN GRAHAM GOT EXCITED ABOUT GETTING HIS BU FINISHED TO RUN THIS CLASS. NOW THE CAR IS RUSTING IN ATLANTA IN SOME STORAGE SHED.
WHAT WAS COOL ABOUT THE ORIGINAL TA CLASS IS THAT MOST ANYONE COULD COME OUT AND PLAY IN TA.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I was there !

This whole thing got disscussed @ the end of the awards banquit in 2003

It was obvious someone was servicing below the belt to make things change.

That was the start to the end of DR for the NSCA

Entry level my ASS !

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MR RIZZO THERE AINT NO SUCH THING AND AN ENTRY LEVEL 7 SECOND CLASS THAT I AM AWARE OF. THE ORIGINAL RULES MADE IT AN EASY JUMP OFF CLASS FOR A GOOD BRACKET RACER LOOKING TO GO HEADS UP BUT LIKE I SAID IT WENT AWAY WITH A STOKE OF A PEN.

·
Class Wrecker!!!
2,351 Posts
Intercoolers where always legal. The rules never stated that they weren't, I think people though that they were not legal because I didn't have one back in 2000 with the nova.

No sugar coating it there Rizzo....THE RULE MAKERS PHUCKED UP THE CLASS not the racers.

:WGAF Your turn Biao's.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JIM, BUDDMAN DID AN ARTICLE THAT CAME OUT IN PHR AND IT LISTED ALL THE CLASSES AND RULES.
IN THE D/R RULES IN STATED NO INTERCOOLERS FOR THE TURBOS AND SUPERCHARGERS. I SENT BUDD AN EMAIL AND GOT CONFIRMATION THAT THE INTERCOOLER WAS NOT ALLOWED BACK THEN.
MY BRO AND I WANTED TO RUN A PROCHARGER ON THE CHEVELLE WITH A SMALL BLOCK AND AFTER SEEING THAT THEY WERENT ALLOWED I WENT TO A BBC ON N20.

·
Class Wrecker!!!
2,351 Posts
Traction Advantage 2001
Power Adders: One power adder alowwed. Nitrous oxide injection with a carburetor or fuel injection is legal. Blow thru centrifugal supercharger or turbo legal in conjunction with a carburetor only. Single stage plate or fogger with one 10lb bottle. There will be no stagging of N20, No progressives. Supercharging limited to blow thru carburetor applications, no roots style blowers.

OKAY Bill i couldn't find my copy of 2000 rules, But I can tell you there is NOTHING about intercoolers in them. They added intercooler (2002-3)in the rules just because it was a gray area. They were always legal, But that is one thing that nsca did was tell some people one thing and others something else.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I see ..."entry level", gets your goat, well too fuckin bad, it IS and WILL be a entry level class,...Even Union Grove cut the pay last month to like nothing 'cause only like 4 cars were showing up, but on the 24th drag radial will be parked at RT.41 and Milan.

for the moment, drag radial is out of control, no doubt, but an overhaul is in the process...get it?...probably not.

The class will be knocked back to around 8.20 or so, and you'll be lucky to get $500.00 to win next year.....or ....your options are these, wait for Orlando and Memphis once a year, or go out to California to the PSCA and race :shock:

Or here is a better option, build yourself a 2400 lb car like Glidden and race one organization Fun Ford, or step up to the big leagues, S/S NPS P/S

·
Class Wrecker!!!
2,351 Posts
Johnny have you been a cry baby all your live..See you are happy that Hubber quit racing, Maybe you would have a chance to win, How did it fell to have him hand your ass to you with a small block all the time...But they shit canned your class...

Entry level maybe with nsca. Your problem is your a ex-super street wanna be's have a hard time to believe that drag radial cars are running as good as you with less of a car and a drag radial tire. Like to see you put some drag radials on the old BOOM BOOM machine see how fast you can go.

nsca going to cut DR down. Hell other racers already call and said they talked to PD and there will be NO DR next year..Fine with me I will wait for Orlando and Memphis, Milan, (us) OSCA and Staton races.

I get it, but nsca and you don't get it, Most of drag radial racers are racing in classes now that are stock suspension which there is one every weekend which pays min of $1000.00 for one day.If needed I can list them for you.

I see why your sour with Glidden, Just can't take it when a small block goes by you. :-D

Go to the beach and relax today and then put your big block junk up on racing junk.com, Then give Glidden a call and Buy yourshelf a small block. You know the saying if you can't beatem join them!!!!! :smt013 oxoxox

Any super modified races this weekend? Like to go see them...

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
What does Huber have to do with a disscussion on drag radial?...duh? I had no problem ever with Jim...ask him.

Powski you get on the bb's and start shit and whine like anyone else, I spoke up and defended Drag radial at the meeting ...duh?

the meeting YOU were'nt invited too...why?

'cause your a crybaby, shit starter, if you 'aint whining about the ckicken shit contingincy, or bashin DePillo, your whining about something else.

the only person that I could care less about is Glidden, I have no other problems with anyone else. Jim Huber is a good racer...so? what does he have to do with this? I haven't said a word about him, and here you are bringing him up. He beat me in S/M, along with everyone else too, and that's okay I have no problem with that.

I've slowed down racing this year due to other family issues, but we are gearing back up, and look forward to next year.... the last I heard you were parked....when was the last time you won Milan?

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
Johnny Baio said:
What does Huber have to do with a disscussion on drag radial?...duh? I had no problem ever with Jim...ask him.

Powski you get on the bb's and start shit and whine like anyone else, I spoke up and defended Drag radial at the meeting ...duh?

'cause your a crybaby, shit starter, if you 'aint whining about the ckicken shit contingincy, or bashin DePillo, your whining about something else.

the only person that I could care less about is Glidden, I have no other problems with anyone else. Jim Huber is a good racer...so? what does he have to do with this? I haven't said a word about him, and here you are bringing him up. He beat me in S/M, along with everyone else too, and that's okay I have no problem with that.

I've slowed down racing this year due to other family issues, but we are gearing back up, and look forward to next year.... the last I heard you were parked....when was the last time you won Milan?
Jim was not invited to the meeting because they were looking for some yes men.. And obviously you fit the bill rather well.. Did you wear your suit like I told you to?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Monty Mikho said:
Johnny Baio said:

Jim was not invited to the meeting because they were looking for some yes men.. And obviously you fit the bill rather well.. Did you wear your suit like I told you to?
I wore a Primemedia polo :shock:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts