Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about buying\building a car this winter and wanted to make sure the rules are staying the same for next year.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Thinking about buying\building a car this winter and wanted to make sure the rules are staying the same for next year.
I will sell you mine, my whole racing operation, car trailer truck. 86 Mustang 25,5 cert new paint, SBF no2 about 40 passes. Call me at 734-281-6968 id interested Eric.

·
Registered
855 Posts
All I have to say is big block and boost and you are covered no matter what the rules are.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Need to let the small block come in at 2650 to keep up with the Big Blocks.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts

ohio boys are running pretty good with small blocks.gtx 88's. i think it would have to depend on what type of turbos your running. a true 88 i think could use alittle break. what type did you go with tim? the small block nos guys definately need some help so we can keep some paridy.

·
Registered
987 Posts
You need to increase the weight on Big block combination not lower the weight on small blocks. It is very hard to get a Fox body down to 2500# almost impossible using the present rules. Maybe big blocks should be limited to a single turbo or a FR 2 style blower. Small blocks could run twin turbo's or umlimited blower, just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
470 Posts
You need to increase the weight on Big block combination not lower the weight on small blocks. It is very hard to get a Fox body down to 2500# almost impossible using the present rules. Maybe big blocks should be limited to a single turbo or a FR 2 style blower. Small blocks could run twin turbo's or umlimited blower, just my 2 cents.
BBtt is at 3400# now already what do you want to make it 3600? That's the max for 25.3 spec if I'm not mistaken. No way in [email protected]#k will I run at that weight!
Plain and simple ..In 1/4 racing you cant enough off sb nitrous cars or put enough on the boost cars to make it where they run the same. Now 1/8 mile racing would be a different story...

·
Registered
847 Posts
Personally I like the idea of one weight and let everyone choose the engine combination they feel they can compete with…. JMO

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
bbtt running at 3400lbs is silly enough already.give the small block guys alittle break, get more money or incentives to run and i think more cars will come. there were alot of cars getting fixed or updated this year. ohio boys got there stuff done late this year also.the only way to make every combo equal is to switch to 1/8mi which im definately game for.

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
the power difference in combo's has spread so far it is impossible to make them even in the 1/4 thats why so many classes have switched to 1/8 mile it does alot to even them out, weights are still a big spread but it is do able

·
Registered
628 Posts
Bring OLS to Friday night, problem solved. I know most of the DR guys that have been there from the start don't want to change it but what else is there to do? There is only a handful of nitrous cars that can run 7 o's in the country. Do you think Hinzman is going to put an F2 on his car? Or Gibson, Barran and Ray jr. are going to put single turbos on their cars? Hell no! As far as the fans they will adapt.

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
OLS is 1/8 mile......... if you keep ODR rules and just switch to 1/8 mile the class will improve, taking the class with the biggest car count from the saturday shootout to try to fix the friday shootout is insane, a large portion of the OLS cars are friday ODR cars anyway

·
Registered
855 Posts

Keep up with us Big Blocks at 2650??? At that weight you would blow right buy us! Gibson went 4.67 at 3200lbs back in the day with is SBF twins.

·
Registered
855 Posts
No way can you make the Big Block boosted combos weight anymore, 3300/3400lbs is nuts already! The brakes we are running are not even designed to run at those weights and speeds. Gibson brakes where glowing red and shooting sparks at the Shakedown!!!

Its no problem at all to get a nitrous fox to 2500 lbs or lighter and thats a FACT! Aluminum block, lexan windows, carbon tubs/body panels and cut out all the OEM bullshit bracing! My car is small block nitrous area light and it has a aluminum BBC with twin turbos, intercooler, huge water tank, tubing going everywhere and stock suspension and I know I can get at least another 100 lbs out of it.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Bring OLS to Friday night, problem solved. I know most of the DR guys that have been there from the start don't want to change it but what else is there to do? There is only a handful of nitrous cars that can run 7 o's in the country. Do you think Hinzman is going to put an F2 on his car? Or Gibson, Barran and Ray jr. are going to put single turbos on their cars? Hell no! As far as the fans they will adapt.

X2!

1 - 20 of 111 Posts