Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Beer makes me pee
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys newbie on the board. I need to get my reaction time down. And yes I have a practice tree.;) I have been in racing a long time but never have gotten that consistant on the tree. We have been running a local index class with some sucess with a friend of mine driving. He is moving on to another gig so I need to take up the reins.

I`m in the Houoston area and I see that the Roy Hill school will be in Dallas soon anyone have any experience with him?

Thanks
Flame away....lol

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
Apparently the first two replies know everything there is to know about racing. They will be signing YB T-shirts and selling them for those interested ;)

The Hawley school is local to me here in Gainesville and they are regular customers of our shop. I have made a ton of passes down a drag strip, but I would still like to go to their school one day. I bet everyone on this site could learn something going to a school like that.

·
Registered
681 Posts
ive done a lot of slower bracket stuff at e-town and have a lot of passes but attending frank hawleys school was the best drag racing experience ive ever had! frank focuses a lot on the mental side of things like decision making , thought processes ect on and off the track. if you do go to franks one day, throw everything you know about drag racing out the window and you will love his school, besides you get to beat up his stuff not yours lol. i didnt have to repeat a run and got my licence by noon on day 2. 9.31 @ 145 1.30 60 ft in his firebird.

·
Beer makes me pee
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well thats why I asked ;) I have heard that about Roy Hill but you never know. I have made a bunch of passes as well mostly 1/8 mile local tracks. Thing is there are a ton of good drivers out here and I just cant stand losing...:-D

·
Registered
120 Posts
I went to Roy Hill's school a number of years ago. About all it really does for you is gets your runs in for a license. Unless you just want to get yelled at by Roy.........

·
Registered
923 Posts
HAWLEY!

Sign me in for Frank. I licensed with him right after the Gators this year - best money you can ever spend! He makes you realize how little you know about drag racing, then teaches it to you the right way. The scariest thing at Frank's school is seeing him move to write on his clipboard as you are staging!

·
Registered
923 Posts
You need my deal - my wife hates drag racing and all things associated with it! I flew down saturday, went to Gators sunday, watched testing monday and licensed tues/wed. Quick trip to Garlits museum thursday, and back home. The ultimate guy road trip - only thing she was pissed about was me spending cash in Florida without her.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Sign me in for Frank. I licensed with him right after the Gators this year - best money you can ever spend! He makes you realize how little you know about drag racing, then teaches it to you the right way. The scariest thing at Frank's school is seeing him move to write on his clipboard as you are staging!
X 10,000 I just attended one of his 2-day Super Gas courses in G-ville about a month ago and it was more than I ever imagined it would be. Frank is an incredibly knowledgeable guy and excellent teacher...he works one on one with a lot of the top drivers. His theories on mind set alone....really woke me up. I highly recommend anyone whether a beginner or seasoned veteran to attend one of his classes...!!!!!!

Here's a few pic's:

Rick

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
Cool Pics Supergas! The shop guys from the school are in here pretty often. I mount all of their tires too so thats a good bit of work, lol.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Thanks Kevin, Frank has some good guys on his team for sure....looks like you have a pretty interesing shop up there yourself, will have to ck it out next time I get up that way....!!!!!

Rick

·
Registered
13,160 Posts
Apparently the first two replies know everything there is to know about racing. They will be signing YB T-shirts and selling them for those interested ;)

The Hawley school is local to me here in Gainesville and they are regular customers of our shop. I have made a ton of passes down a drag strip, but I would still like to go to their school one day. I bet everyone on this site could learn something going to a school like that.
lol...I have been to Roy's school....You can PM me and I can tell you how It was

·
Registered
999 Posts
I've been to both Foley and Hawley's schools. They are both great, but very different. If you are considering Hawley, it is absolutely money well spent. Off the track, he does a ton of corporate seminars and clinics on sports psychology. Make sure to turn your brain on before going, because you'll learn a bunch. Foley focuses more on the physical mechanics of driving, while Hawley digs deep in the mental side. Like I said, both are great and money well spent.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts