Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Anytime someone says, "I sure do miss the good ol' days" around my Grandpa, you'd think they were talking about his wife - cause he's ready to fight...

"Good ol' days? Get the fuck out of here. You can have the good ol' days. I'll keep power steering, cold air conditioning and pension plans."

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
27,543 Posts
I don't see the difference. My current rig looks about the same as the second picture. In fact I should see if that guy is selling his. It's time for me to trade up.:cool:

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And gasoline was about $0.30 a gallon too. If you ran nitro, it was about $1.60 a gallon. And if you won Top Eliminator of the meet, and it was a big meet, you MIGHT get a $50 US Savings Bond and a kiss from the trophy girl. Runner-up got a hand shake.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Drag racing hasnt changed at all, its still who gets to the end first wins, the cost for the largest penis contest has risen quite a bit though. But thats not exclusive to drag racing ;)

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
It sure has. I remember 20 years ago we showed up at the track and most everyone had an open trailer. Only the "high rollers" had big enclosed trailers. Now days, seems like 95% of the racers have enclosed trailers. :rolleyes: I feel like an outcast when I show up with my 8-second Nova on the open trailer being pulled by my 15 year old truck but it's all paid for.... I can't decide if I'm just dirt poor or if everyone else is doing it on credit????

·
...failure to communicate
4,872 Posts
^^ That had to be a bitchin' feeling with the nose 4 feet in the air, the tires blazing and you are sitting BEHIND it all.

·
Registered
173 Posts
It sure has. I remember 20 years ago we showed up at the track and most everyone had an open trailer. Only the "high rollers" had big enclosed trailers. Now days, seems like 95% of the racers have enclosed trailers. :rolleyes: I feel like an outcast when I show up with my 8-second Nova on the open trailer being pulled by my 15 year old truck but it's all paid for.... I can't decide if I'm just dirt poor or if everyone else is doing it on credit????
Hey Ron when we gonna get to see that Nova run again? You gettin close to gettin it out?

Jason

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
A lot of guys are eyeballs deep in debt for those toters. At heads up races there are a lot of them, but if I go to local weekend brackets, most racers are guys on a budget with older F150's pulling open trailers, or the race cars are 12-14 second cars being driven in the gate.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
A lot of guys are eyeballs deep in debt for those toters. At heads up races there are a lot of them, but if I go to local weekend brackets, most racers are guys on a budget with older F150's pulling open trailers, or the race cars are 12-14 second cars being driven in the gate.
Around here enclosed outnumbers open probably 10-1...:cool:

Rick

·
Registered
259 Posts
ive always said that the show is on the track, not in the pits. if you saw my bodywork, you may vomit. but my cash goes to make her faster, or handle better. dont get me wrong, its gotta be nice and if i had it like that i may roll out in somethin nice and comfy like these other guys have. but im a workin stiff, so i get my kicks outa beatin these guys. i love blowin the doors off the guy with the hundred thousand dollar rig. they look even nicer when the guy is loadin his junk back into it!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts