Yellow Bullet Forums banner
401 - 420 of 519 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Yes quarter mile cove
Privet owned lake so none of the state bullshit rules … the real shit goes down.
Exactly! The camp grounds was PACKED Fridau night and Saturday. The boat count was lower than what I have seen. I haven been for 4 years. I'm sure there is an eb and flow to boats that show up. Weater was beautiful, and the water was amazing.
Good times!

be safe, schick

·
LP-25.com
2,736 Posts
Exactly! The camp grounds was PACKED Fridau night and Saturday. The boat count was lower than what I have seen. I haven been for 4 years. I'm sure there is an eb and flow to boats that show up. Weater was beautiful, and the water was amazing.
Good times!

be safe, schick
New Years Day CFW was a bucket list item for me. I wanted to take several of the boats out there. Never made it happen.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks posting those up great back stories . Was Hondo the first with the deck cut out for the helm ? What year did they start that design , was it in the first production runner bottoms ? Timeless functional beauty .
RoadRoamer pretty much nailed the timeline.
it was because of the “Trick” bottom as it was first called that we were even able to restore the last true Flatbottom Panic Mouse!
Brendel gave him the new boat and the Flatbottom 007 was sold sold to Bob Morgan who was a Hondo dealer in Kansas who raced it another year before it was retired and eventually sold to the current owner in Missouri.
Caselli ran the Boat we restored into the early 72 season.
Water Boat Photograph Watercraft White

He took delivery of the straight deck “XH-511” in 1972. In the picture below you can see the center runner.
Water Boat Watercraft Vehicle Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

Later in the year he crashed this boat in Oakland with Vern Amaral flipping his boat “Rapid Fire” in the other lane!

Ray came back in 1973 with the “XH-511-T”. T meaning T deck as they called it.
He was killed in it in March of 1973 in Oakland.
Bottom picture was taken just as he started to get out of shape before the fatal crash.
Water Watercraft Boat Vehicle Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies
Water Boat Watercraft Vehicle Fluid

·
Registered
482 Posts
I’m kinda partial to your other Canyon<grin>
Yea, I imagine you would be. I won a lot of races and a couple championships with that boat. It's still winning up in the Pacific Northwest with a CDBA racer. He completely redid it but kept the same colors and such. It's pretty bad ass. Only sold it as my white Canyon was newer and nicer. I shouldn't have sold the white boat. Oh well, life goes on... pic of the yellow boat
Water Boat Watercraft Vehicle Lake

·
LP-25.com
2,736 Posts
Yea, I imagine you would be. I won a lot of races and a couple championships with that boat. It's still winning up in the Pacific Northwest with a CDBA racer. He completely redid it but kept the same colors and such. It's pretty bad ass. Only sold it as my white Canyon was newer and nicer. I shouldn't have sold the white boat. Oh well, life goes on... pic of the yellow boat
View attachment 311722
I tried to catch up with you in the pits at Firebird a time or 2. Your pits were always empty. Should have climbed in the boat and farted in your seat. :p:p

·
Registered
546 Posts
View attachment 311722
Great picture! Scott's pretty good with a camera! (y)

401 - 420 of 519 Posts