Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 471 Posts

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
That is because it is really damn fast. I went 88 once in a 36' w/ twin 10.0L BBCs. I have never felt torque like that since. Peeled the glasses right off my face and it almost blew my lips off or a hole though the back of my neck. Haha

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
That's a sweet looking boat.
I just talked to a farmer about his Manitou Xplode pontoon boat, Stock they run 60mph, He spent another 30k on engine upgrades and he says he's had to 70mph and it is capable of 80+mph. He also mentioned that the stock boat will do 30mph in 2 seconds so his should be quite a bit faster. That's damn fast.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is because it is really damn fast. I went 88 once in a 36' w/ twin 10.0L BBCs. I have never felt torque like that since. Peeled the glasses right off my face and it almost blew my lips off or a hole though the back of my neck. Haha
Yeah, it’s the fastest I’ve ever been on water. I think it’s cool just cruising around. Big solid roller can and lake pipes, you definitely get people looking.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Drag boats and drag boat racing is pretty cool. Other than a 10 year break to go NHRA Super Street racing, I've raced them since the mid 80s. Just finished a new boat for this year but don't have pics yet. Here's my blown gas flat I ran a couple years 2018/2019. Missed most of 2020 due to Covid but back at it with a new combo
Water Boat Watercraft Vehicle Lake
Water Boat Watercraft Vehicle Lake

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Drag boats and drag boat racing is pretty cool. Other than a 10 year break to go NHRA Super Street racing, I've raced them since the mid 80s. Just finished a new boat for this year but don't have pics yet. Here's my blown gas flat I ran a couple years 2018/2019. Missed most of 2020 due to Covid but back at it with a new combo View attachment 286137 View attachment 286137
Man that’s awesome, looks like a wild ride!

·
Registered
‘99 Camaro
200 Posts
I’d love to snag a boat like that to play with. Awesome stuff.

·
FORD
3,826 Posts
My uncle had a blow alcohol 383 in a 15’ flat bottom, V drive, 3 speed. We did 130 with plenty left, when I told him to take me back. Fastest acceleration that I’ve ever felt, and that thing was on the edge of being out of control the whole time. I don’t mind going fast in big boats, but fuck that surf board.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I still have a 69 jcraft/ L88 with snowflake heads as the original motor! I gave the motor to my buddy for his 69 camaro,motor worth too much to ruin in a boat! car will be my sons when were both dead!

·
Confused Racer
42,764 Posts
That's no Hemi

Reactions: 66SatBB

·
Registered
12,310 Posts
I don't remember the first time I was in a fast car when someone punched it but I'll damn sure never forget the first time I was in a fast boat when they punched it. Almost as good as a jet takeoff.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Drag boats and drag boat racing is pretty cool. Other than a 10 year break to go NHRA Super Street racing, I've raced them since the mid 80s. Just finished a new boat for this year but don't have pics yet. Here's my blown gas flat I ran a couple years 2018/2019. Missed most of 2020 due to Covid but back at it with a new combo View attachment 286137 View attachment 286137
Circle boats are better. :p What's up buddy?

Light Smile Purple Videographer Flash photography

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Where's a good place to find one of these old hulls? id love to build one just for running around the lake on
I don’t know what part of the country your in but we’re from GA and not much available on the east coast. He found this boat in Missouri. Yeah it’s fun as hell.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Bernie’s Juggernaut! My favorite back in the day. The only one with power enough to turn a 3bladed prop. RIP Mr Chenoweth.
Bernie was a great guy to work for. One early morning (1:00am) he came into the shop with his buddies (governors, movie stars, VIP's, etc.) and one of our hull guys was inside the engine bay with the boat upside down, and Bernie leaned over and asked said crew member "How's it going John?". He then replied "HOW'S IT GOING!?!...... I'LL TELL YOU HOW IT'S GOING!! I SHOULD BE HOME IN BED WITH MY WIFE RIGHT NOW! THAT'S HOW IT'S GOING!!!"
Bernie reached into his pocket and tossed a $100 bill under the boat and said "Thank you for what you are doing, and here ...take your wife out for a nice dinner when you can, THANKS JOHN!"
Later John came into the engine shop and told me about the conversation. He complained that Bernie just can't buy me like that! (Something along those lines). I just said "Dude! There's 200 guys fighting to have your job! Bernie didn't give me a $100 bill!"
He reluctantly agreed and back to work we all went. One of many 20 hour days, sometimes 36 hr days.

1 - 20 of 471 Posts