Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are running a Toyota Supra but I thought I would ask some of the experts in here. Does it matter where we mount the DP? I'm thinking about shooting it straight up and cut a hole in the hood. I've talked to different and getting different answers. Would it effect the top speed? I know dumping to the side would be the best bet here. Since it's a freaking 5 inches exhuast, we don't have any spaces. Please voice your opinions. Thank you in advance.

JP

·
Registered
645 Posts
I wouldn't put it in the hood for three reasons I can think of off hand. First is I don't care for the looks of it. Second, if you ever hurt the turbo/engine and start smoking, with a cross wind it could severly affect your ability to see. Third- I don't think it would help your aerodynamics.

·
1,344 Posts
Is there room to cut a hole behind the strut tower and drop it through in the wheel well tucked to the frame behind the front wheel? My brother 'finessed' his firewall on his 84 Supra and dropped it down beside the engine, but his was only a 4" DP.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
i think it looks killer...id just leave it that way YBBitch:

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
Why 5" for such a small engine?

The worlds quickest and fastest outlaw 10.5 car runs 4" exhaust.

Besides that, most rules say that the exhaust must exit BEHIND the front wheel.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
the op isn't asking for opinions on size...just location
"stick to the plan"
if he wants to run 5" and he obviously has some parts already, I say run it as is for tuning without the hood until another solution presents itself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After looking at some options. I don't think it's smart for us to dump it through the hood... So we have to go back to plan A... behind the front wheel. This is how we had it before

BTW, This is Bullseye S595 turbo that we are running. Here are some additional pictures of the build. Thank you folks!

JP

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
the op isn't asking for opinions on size...just location
"stick to the plan"
if he wants to run 5" and he obviously has some parts already, I say run it as is for tuning without the hood until another solution presents itself.
No, but he was hinting at limited space because of the 5". 4" is more then adequate for his setup and it would give him some room.

·
Registered
224 Posts
why not snake the 5" down to 4" but it looks like youve already solved your problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts