Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of doing a turbo up in the grill ... i was wondering how some people ran the down pipe. also wanting to see if some people can post some pics of it mounted in the front. and how they like it.. thanks.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea ive been finding them now.. just trying to figure out how to the the radiators now.. which there was a thread that was nothing but front mounted turbo pics that would be super helpful

·
Registered
25,667 Posts
laying the radiator down at an angle. horizontal to the ground or run smaller splits in the corners. some have mounted it in the trunk.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Move the radiator over towards the driver's side head light and there should be plenty of room to mount a large frame single. I have low running headers and the down pipe runs above the primaries beside the valve cover then down at fire wall. Was turning out just infront of rear wheel using oval tubing. Have gone gangsta now with 5" bull horn coming out pass side fender. Many cars run DP in an arc above the front wheel tucked up in the fender and then down at the rear of tne front fender well. Look at some cars at the track is the best way to get ideas. My car is a ChevyII so I was very limited on routing big tubing with only a modified front subframe (per rules). Hope this helps.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was going to have it set in the front grill. but i dont think i can.. because with it being a 72 chevelle its right in the way of the frame. so i cant move the radiator much around.. trying to make it look like a street car. i plan of having the down pipe come out the fender.

·
TURBOBULLET.COM BITCHES!
6,046 Posts
Hope these help... This is how I did mine: Split it and make it come out both fenders...

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that helps alot.. i see you cutted your frame in the front...i dont want to cut the frame is i can but if i have to i well.. were do you get the radiator from? small ones.

·
TURBOBULLET.COM BITCHES!
6,046 Posts
that helps alot.. i see you cutted your frame in the front...i dont want to cut the frame is i can but if i have to i well.. were do you get the radiator from? small ones.
The radiator is just an Afco scirroco dragster radiator.. Summit has them....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts