Yellow Bullet Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
i ran single beadlocks with screws on the inners for a couple years and never had any problems .. champion wouldnt do a dbl. beadlock on my rims because off the backspacing .. i do know quite a few guys that also run single beadlocks with good success also .. some people like it and some people dont ..

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Its pretty simple, if you look at a single beadlocked tire after a few passes you will see a tiger striped pattern developing across the treadface. This is because one side is being held in place while the other is moving on the rim.
A double locked tire will have a straight across pattern showing the tire is being hit evenly and torque distributed equally to both sides of the rim.

Many racers that upgraded to the doubles have seen better vehicle reaction and a smoother, straighter launch because of the elimation of the twist.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
I am glad that a real racer can see the bullshit shitstorm that mr hates likes to pull on here all the time. Right now he is on the pro stock tire thread solving the tire problems for the pro stock owners how can we be so blessed to have him :p
Just lucky I guess :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Its pretty simple, if you look at a single beadlocked tire after a few passes you will see a tiger striped pattern developing across the treadface. This is because one side is being held in place while the other is moving on the rim.
A double locked tire will have a straight across pattern showing the tire is being hit evenly and torque distributed equally to both sides of the rim.

Many racers that upgraded to the doubles have seen better vehicle reaction and a smoother, straighter launch because of the elimation of the twist.
If you screw the inside it won't move either, the problem is the beadlock makes the sidewall stiffer so it's like having a tire with 2 different sidewall stiffness. It basically makes both sides of the tire react differently. In some cases, people don't have any issues with it, in some cases people do. I'd love to beadlock the outside of me wheels because I love the way it looks but my car isn't anywhere near needing them performance wise. When I enquired about it.......well you know the rest. Maybe it was just info given to bottom feeders.

·
"Shocks don't matter"
21,585 Posts
i ran single beadlocks with screws on the inners for a couple years and never had any problems .. champion wouldnt do a dbl. beadlock on my rims because off the backspacing .. i do know quite a few guys that also run single beadlocks with good success also .. some people like it and some people dont ..
Yea agreed, he'll figure it out when he gets on the horn Monday morning trying learn something, that it's all here in this thread.

He just can't seem to wrap his head around the wheel spacing aspect, and that not everybody runs a giant slick lol.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Reading the tread and real good info, but was wondering at what hp or 60' are screws on both sides not good enough and need true beadlocks? Does weight of car, trans brake, and nitrous play a factor? Also saw a post beadlocked wheels dont hook as good? any truth to that....?

61 - 67 of 67 Posts