Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
I've worked on cars that weighed 3,400 plus getting after it 60ft that run 7.50 quarter mile with street gears and couldn't imagine driving cross country with a pro gear, but then again I don't know the rules for drag week so I don't know how far they are required to drive cross country. If it were me though I'd rather break a street gear at the track vs. breaking a pro gear driving cross country, fixing it on the side of the road. My opinion was based on this thought.
There are exceptions to the rules all over the place in this hobby

·
time to go racing yet ?
32,342 Posts
It be fine, get them big 34.5 M/T and print some tickets even if they are a little slower than a 33.5.

It was just food for thought for the little tire people in here like me. A little extra info for the thread and the dude that mentions "toe" jumps me. Lol!
33x10.5w is the tire of choice .... this is for the FED im putting together ...

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
I've worked on cars that weighed 3,400 plus getting after it 60ft that run 7.50 quarter mile with street gears and couldn't imagine driving cross country with a pro gear, but then again I don't know the rules for drag week so I don't know how far they are required to drive cross country. If it were me though I'd rather break a street gear at the track vs. breaking a pro gear driving cross country, fixing it on the side of the road. My opinion was based on this thought.
Sure didn't sound like "opinion" when you were correcting people in that thread. You made it sound like you were making the gears yourself.....you know, just like you sound in every thread.. That's just my opinion but down here at the bottom of the "food chain" things can get a little confusing.

You can blaze a trail all you want with your vast knowledge, championships, and countless wins. I will continue to do what the maker of the products tell me to do and pick up a trophy here and there.

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
Agree, I figured because my car was light and didn't make any power that I could get away with a single and screws. I was told that if the slicks wrinkle at all (and they all do) that they wouldn't wrinkle the same and it will beat the shit out of the tire. That's all I needed to hear. Maybe if I told them what I ran for back space it would have changed their mind :rolleyes:
exactly, the sidewall acts completely dif between locks & screws

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
exactly, the sidewall acts completely dif between locks & screws
Hey, did you know depending on the back space of the wheel, it could off set that and it wouldn't be an issue? You might not know that if you are at the bottom of the food chain like I am.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Single bead locks are intended for roundy round racers not drag racers.

Blessings........Ron
I worked for a company right out of high school that made circle track bead locks, this ^^^^^ is a straight-up fact.

For Drag racing or Pulling tractor/truck, they should be double bead locked.

You're just fooling yourself only doing one side on a Drag car, screws on the inside are in no way equal in the effect they have on the sidewall support/strain.

·
Confused Racer
39,855 Posts
What if I don't need the bead locks at all? Then I could and just glue the inside and put screws under the beadlock.

To the OP. If you feel you need bead locks, do both the inner and outer just remember we do them mostly for safety when running 16" wide wheels and 10" tires.

·
Registered
10,967 Posts
Always the never ending excuses. D you feel a little better about your nothing record in drag racing now? Lol:)

Man I'd love to hear some of your wisdom on beadlocks or anything drag race related for that matter, never happens here though huh?.....

You got the excuses down though.
Well H i do not get on here and try to tell every one how great i am ---you are like the ass hole who has never been down the strip that is building a car that slams a certain pro stock team you have to get in every thread to make every one think you know every thing about every thing 3/4 of your bull shit is just that. Any one with half of a brain can tell if someone keeps telling how great they are --------they are not as i said i do not get on here and try to answer every question, like you chimed in on a pro mod thread a while back about trans ratios / you should change your name to Billy Fantastic --the big wind bag. You should get in touch with J. Force and see if you can help get him back on top -and there are 15 other pro stock racers and teams that could use your vast wisdom, please spread the wealth :eek:

·
"Shocks don't matter"
21,585 Posts
Well H i do not get on here and try to tell every one how great i am ---you are like the ass hole who has never been down the strip that is building a car that slams a certain pro stock team you have to get in every thread to make every one think you know every thing about every thing 3/4 of your bull shit is just that. Any one with half of a brain can tell if someone keeps telling how great they are --------they are not as i said i do not get on here and try to answer every question, like you chimed in on a pro mod thread a while back about trans ratios / you should change your name to Billy Fantastic --the big wind bag. You should get in touch with J. Force and see if you can help get him back on top -and there are 15 other pro stock racers and teams that could use your vast wisdom, please spread the wealth :eek:
The two instances I mention anything I about myself

1. When I'm told here I don't have a race car.

2. When I'm told here I don't know anything about drag racing.

You should try and bring something to this forum besides nutt hugging.:smt089

Make it your mission to prove any info I give here is bad info.

·
Registered
10,967 Posts

Please post up your championships by the many years in the order that they were won----------I do not claim to be the worlds best racer/ and have all the answers -but i know who to ask if i need to, i think one should try to figure out things on your own you learn more that way

·
Registered
4,734 Posts

I'll give 2...

1, Single beadlocks
2, Can't run pro gears on the street

·
"Shocks don't matter"
21,585 Posts
I'll give 2...

1, Single beadlocks
2, Can't run pro gears on the street
I hardly believe the folks that manufacturer the gears would agree with you, that it's bad info. But hey it's your story.

I have singles, beadlocks on my car. You wanna compare some tickets here over say a six or seven round race? Let me know when you're ready. My singles with little tires vs. your doubles with big tires.

Figure out right here who's car is more consistent. Singles vs. Doubles

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
I hardly believe the folks that manufacturer the gears would agree with you, that it's bad info. But hey it's your story.

I have singles, beadlocks on my car. You wanna compare some tickets here over say a six or seven round race? Let me know when you're ready. My singles with little tires vs. your doubles with big tires.

Figure out right here who's car is more consistent. Singles vs. Doubles
I don't have doubles, just stated that running a single isn't good for the tire. This comes from some who does bead lock conversions, and also from The people who sell me tires.

You're way to interested in pounding on your own chest about your wealth of information and skill then reading to see what people are actually saying.

With that said, whenever you want to compare log books I'm game. I think you'll be impressed at how deadly my car is over a 3 or 4 day event, because as everyone knows it's way harder to make 7 good hits over 3 days then 7 in one day.I'd gladly compare anything you want except keyboards. I'm pretty sure you have me beat in that department.

·
"Shocks don't matter"
21,585 Posts
I don't have doubles, just stated that running a single isn't good for the tire. This comes from some who does bead lock conversions, and also from The people who sell me tires.

You're way to interested in pounding on your own chest about your wealth of information and skill then reading to see what people are actually saying.

With that said, whenever you want to compare log books I'm game. I think you'll be impressed at how deadly my car is over a 3 or 4 day event, because as everyone knows it's way harder to make 7 good hits over 3 days then 7 in one day.I'd gladly compare anything you want except keyboards. I'm pretty sure you have me beat in that department.
Lol! I get it now, your on here parroting bottom of the food chain info you don't understand in a beadlock general information thread and don't have beadlocks on your race car, I got it! Lol!

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
I went through this last year and this is what I was told from a guy local to me that does conversions. The beadlock makes the sidewall stiffer. The side with the screws won't be as stiff so you can imagine on launch having one side of the tire stiffer then the other. It beats up the tire, and also causes a "toe" problem that can actually make you lose ET. You will get a bunch of guys on here that will say they never had an issue, but I bet you'll never get a tire maker to say it's a good idea.
Lol! I get it now, your on here parroting bottom of the food chain info you don't understand in a beadlock general information thread and don't have beadlocks on your race car, I got it! Lol!
Again, read^^^^^. This was my original statement in which Most in this thread agreed with. It's info that I was given from people that do conversions and sell the tires I use. If that makes me a parrot at the bottom of the food chain then so be it. If you want to blaze a trail and do the things you feel will improve your race program then good for you, doesn't make you any better of a person then any of us here.

Log books, I have them and plenty of them. No championships (though I did finish 4th in division 1 s/st). No huge wins (though I did runner up at the Englishtown national event, and I won a king of the hill race at LVD). Nothing nearly as spectacular as yourself, but I'll gladly compare log books with you anytime. BTW, I have 1 or 2 customers with championships, wins, and Wallys on their shelf......oh, did I tell you I have one of those too?

Do us all a favor and climb back under your rock, your claims without a name or proof mean nothing here. The shit you spew means even less. Enough people on this thread alone have called you out on your bullshit to the point that you may want to re evaluate your approach in thinking the rest of the world is screwed up and not you.

With that said, I'm done commenting on your bullshit. Feel free to fire your last shot or however many shots you want to fire. I'm guessing people have had enough of listening to sound advise followed by your corrections. Later

·
Registered
10,967 Posts
Again, read^^^^^. This was my original statement in which Most in this thread agreed with. It's info that I was given from people that do conversions and sell the tires I use. If that makes me a parrot at the bottom of the food chain then so be it. If you want to blaze a trail and do the things you feel will improve your race program then good for you, doesn't make you any better of a person then any of us here.

Log books, I have them and plenty of them. No championships (though I did finish 4th in division 1 s/st). No huge wins (though I did runner up at the Englishtown national event, and I won a king of the hill race at LVD). Nothing nearly as spectacular as yourself, but I'll gladly compare log books with you anytime. BTW, I have 1 or 2 customers with championships, wins, and Wallys on their shelf......oh, did I tell you I have one of those too?

Do us all a favor and climb back under your rock, your claims without a name or proof mean nothing here. The shit you spew means even less. Enough people on this thread alone have called you out on your bullshit to the point that you may want to re evaluate your approach in thinking the rest of the world is screwed up and not you.

With that said, I'm done commenting on your bullshit. Feel free to fire your last shot or however many shots you want to fire. I'm guessing people have had enough of listening to sound advise followed by your corrections. Later
I am glad that a real racer can see the bullshit shitstorm that mr hates likes to pull on here all the time. Right now he is on the pro stock tire thread solving the tire problems for the pro stock owners how can we be so blessed to have him :p

41 - 60 of 67 Posts