Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
"Shocks don't matter"
21,585 Posts
I really wasn't getting into the physics of the wheel or car. I was talking about what a tire goes through when you make one sidewall stiffer then the other. Yes the less backspace you run, the more it will hit the inner bead but it fails in comparison to beadlocking only one side of a rim.
I can see you know it all, sorry to bother you. Later.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
I can see you know it all, sorry to bother you. Later.
You truly bring nothing to the conversation........ever! Just like the discussion about pro gears on the street. As soon as all the Drag Week guys came on and said they run them on the street, you vanished even though you insisted it couldn't be done. Do me a favor, when you see one of my posts, ignore it and I'll do the same....Later.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The back spacing on my wheels on the only thing that I'm worried about when sending them off the be converted. Bc they are 6.5 bs and have disk brakes on it.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Usually if you tell them what the wheel is and the kind of brakes you're running they will be able to tell you if it will work or not.

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
I went through this last year and this is what I was told from a guy local to me that does conversions. The beadlock makes the sidewall stiffer. The side with the screws won't be as stiff so you can imagine on launch having one side of the tire stiffer then the other. It beats up the tire, and also causes a "toe" problem that can actually make you lose ET. You will get a bunch of guys on here that will say they never had an issue, but I bet you'll never get a tire maker to say it's a good idea.
it tears up the tire & won't get even distribution across the tire

peps did what you want back in the old days for looks

·
"Shocks don't matter"
21,585 Posts
You truly bring nothing to the conversation........ever! Just like the discussion about pro gears on the street. As soon as all the Drag Week guys came on and said they run them on the street, you vanished even though you insisted it couldn't be done. Do me a favor, when you see one of my posts, ignore it and I'll do the same....Later.
I run a single beadlock on my car, works perfect "because of the back space of the wheel", guarantee you my shit has won more championships, money, races, rounds at a higher level of competition. Bet it.

I forgot more about winning drag races than you'll ever know, I enjoy reading your posts and will continue lol. Later

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
I run a single beadlock on my car, works perfect "because of the back space of the wheel", guarantee you my shit has won more championships, money, races, rounds at a higher level of competition. Bet it.

I forgot more about winning drag races than you'll ever know, I enjoy reading your posts and will continue lol. Later
Congrats on your accomplishments, you'd think as good as you are, you'd post your name, maybe a pic of your car. If you think for one second that the offset of a rim can make up the difference of only bead locking one side of a rim, you are on drugs.

Find me 1 tire maker that will agree that a single bead lock wouldn't be an issue as long as you had the proper backspace to offset the difference in sidewall stiffness and I'll buy your next set of slicks (for your keyboard) Bet it! Later...

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
it tears up the tire & won't get even distribution across the tire

peps did what you want back in the old days for looks
Agree, I figured because my car was light and didn't make any power that I could get away with a single and screws. I was told that if the slicks wrinkle at all (and they all do) that they wouldn't wrinkle the same and it will beat the shit out of the tire. That's all I needed to hear. Maybe if I told them what I ran for back space it would have changed their mind :rolleyes:

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,391 Posts

That is the best policy when deal with that guy.

·
"Shocks don't matter"
21,585 Posts
Congrats on your accomplishments, you'd think as good as you are, you'd post your name, maybe a pic of your car. If you think for one second that the offset of a rim can make up the difference of only bead locking one side of a rim, you are on drugs.

Find me 1 tire maker that will agree that a single bead lock wouldn't be an issue as long as you had the proper backspace to offset the difference in sidewall stiffness and I'll buy your next set of slicks (for your keyboard) Bet it! Later...
Ha ha tire makers don't win races, they acquire data from racers that win and pass it along to people like yourself, by relying on this means of acquiring information you put yourself will fully at the end of the food chain.

The info I gave you is free and perfect but your inability to process it and your reliance on "tire makers" seals your fate of being at the end of the food chain with nothing to separate yourself from the rest, that also rely on end of the food chain information. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Ha ha tire makers don't win races, they acquire data from racers that win and pass it along to people like yourself, by relying on this means of acquiring information you put yourself will fully at the end of the food chain.

The info I gave you is free and perfect but your inability to process it and your reliance on "tire makers" seals your fate of being at the end of the food chain with nothing to separate yourself from the rest, that also rely on end of the food chain information. Good luck!
So even though (as you just stated) "tire makers" acquire data from racers that use their product and inform accordingly....listening to their knowledge puts you at the bottom of the food chain? So when I asked M/T if I could get away with a single beadlock and they said it really isn't good for the tire, I shouldn't listen to them even though they get more data in one event then I will in a life time? and that puts me at the bottom of the food chain? I really think that whatever races you won were in the Special Olympics.

·
"Shocks don't matter"
21,585 Posts
So even though (as you just stated) "tire makers" acquire data from racers that use their product and inform accordingly....listening to their knowledge puts you at the bottom of the food chain? So when I asked M/T if I could get away with a single beadlock and they said it really isn't good for the tire, I shouldn't listen to them even though they get more data in one event then I will in a life time? and that puts me at the bottom of the food chain? I really think that whatever races you won were in the Special Olympics.
It is pretty obvious you don't understand the info you parroted in this thread in regards to the info you acquired from the guy "local to you who does conversions" about the affect beadlocks can have on "toe". Let me give you another hint as I've been trying to do since the start of this conversation, wheel spacing is a determining factor.

If your gonna rely on " tire makers" and " beadlock conversion guys" end of the food chain info to win races, at least try and understand it before you parrot it here.

BTW. this is a general information thread on beadlocks. Not everybody has the " correct" wheel spacing and not everybody has big tires such as yourself. Lol!

·
Registered
10,967 Posts

In your dreams :smt088

·
Registered
10,967 Posts
No, in your dreams ;)
He is the George Costanza of drag racing,he won the the bullshit nationals, the look at me open and the brain dead bracket bash ,like old George Costanza says it is not a lie if you believe it. He even has a 12 year old tranny man-boy, his next big race is the window tint winner take all :p:p:p:p:p

·
"Shocks don't matter"
21,585 Posts
He is the George Costanza of drag racing,he won the the bullshit nationals, the look at me open and the brain dead bracket bash ,like old George Costanza says it is not a lie if you believe it. He even has a 12 year old tranny man-boy, his next big race is the window tint winner take all :p:p:p:p:p
Always the never ending excuses. D you feel a little better about your nothing record in drag racing now? Lol:)

Man I'd love to hear some of your wisdom on beadlocks or anything drag race related for that matter, never happens here though huh?.....

You got the excuses down though.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
I caught that too, a 'know it all' until someone who really knows brings facts then 'poof' gone lol

·
time to go racing yet ?
32,341 Posts
man , i hope i did the right thing ........ i ordered 12" double bead lock wheels with 4" of BS last week ...... hope it works ok ..............

·
"Shocks don't matter"
21,585 Posts
I caught that too, a 'know it all' until someone who really knows brings facts then 'poof' gone lol
I've worked on cars that weighed 3,400 plus getting after it 60ft that run 7.50 quarter mile with street gears and couldn't imagine driving cross country with a pro gear, but then again I don't know the rules for drag week so I don't know how far they are required to drive cross country. If it were me though I'd rather break a street gear at the track vs. breaking a pro gear driving cross country, fixing it on the side of the road. My opinion was based on this thought.

·
"Shocks don't matter"
21,585 Posts
man , i hope i did the right thing ........ i ordered 12" double bead lock wheels with 4" of BS last week ...... hope it works ok ..............
It be fine, get them big 34.5 M/T and print some tickets even if they are a little slower than a 33.5.

It was just food for thought for the little tire people in here like me. A little extra info for the thread and the dude that mentions "toe" jumps me. Lol!

21 - 40 of 67 Posts