Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so my stock radio took a dump. Then I punched it and it took its last dump. So I need a new music playing device. I called ford, any then can only round up a reman unit with no time frame and would cost as much as a double din.
So basically, I am looking for something that will look clean, and fit nice in the dash. I guess that with most of these, I have to trim the dash panel. Any that I wouldnt have to? Looking for something that is pretty nice quality, would like to stay at around 200 dollars. Just needs to play music...radio, CD, MP3, bluetooth would be nice. What should I be getting?

·
Registered
10,482 Posts
Leave the factory radio in and put a remote radio/cd player in.nothing looks as good as a factory radio.

·
Registered
373 Posts
This ^

I put this one in my '06 F150 last year and it has been a great stereo for the money.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113DPX592B/Kenwood-Excelon-DPX592BT.html?tp=5684&avf=Y

When you buy something from Crutchfield they will include pretty much everything you need to install for free. Including a new trim bezel and any wiring harness that you may need. In this case however, i had to buy an additional piece to allow me to still use my steering wheel controls with the new stereo.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Just bought a double din Alpine CDE-W265BT ... I picked it because the salesman at Crutchfield kept telling me it had a better sounding amp than the Kenwood I was trying to purchase... I also liked it as it has knobs instead of a touch screen .. It has way to many bells for me( like changing colors on knobs, and backlighting etc ) but its a killer looking radio .. Its going in a 2004 E 450 Motorhome C class ...265 Dollars ....

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
Alright, so my stock radio took a dump. Then I punched it and it took its last dump. So I need a new music playing device. I called ford, any then can only round up a reman unit with no time frame and would cost as much as a double din.
So basically, I am looking for something that will look clean, and fit nice in the dash. I guess that with most of these, I have to trim the dash panel. Any that I wouldnt have to? Looking for something that is pretty nice quality, would like to stay at around 200 dollars. Just needs to play music...radio, CD, MP3, bluetooth would be nice. What should I be getting?
Oh you're a fuckin' tough guy princess. :rolleyes:

NFG

·
Registered
481 Posts
If you are interested, I have a factory 2000 Ford cd/tape/am/fm radio I removed from my F250 XLT when I installed a Kenwood DDX-715. Worked great with no problems, in very good to excellent condition. Been wrapped up and sitting on my shelf for a few years. Just PM me if you would like to purchase, just another option for you.

·
WHAT NOW ?
17,059 Posts
If you didn't PUNCH IT you could have just had it repaired I have radios repaired all the time ...guess that ship sailed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts