Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Godspeed TK!
8,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iam thinking of double beadlocking my wheels(15X10 Alumistars w/4in.BS)...........The only reason is Iam thinking of doing it-is because Iam tired of dealing with trying to get my radials mounted all the time & was told if I had "doubles"-I could mount & dismount tires myself. Especially since I have 4in.BS? If anyone could give me some advise on this-I'd appreciate it!

Oh-Will it affect the sidewalls of the tires? I currently run the Hoosier 275/60's w/glue & have been 1.20 60ft.-Dont wanna lose my 60ft!!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
yes u could change them your self with the beadlocks in about an hour. We do conversions and are offering a 5% to all YB members if your intrested give us a call thanks bruce Exstremefab.com 203 909 6732

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
yes Chris, we have the doubles and change our own tires

·
Godspeed TK!
8,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problem changing them yourself. ours are 3" backspace, but i think they might be hurting our sixty ft !
Iam definetely worried about losing some 60ft.:(, I have been told the beadlock will stiffin' up the sidewall??

·
Registered
306 Posts
Only problem i ran into was clearing the calipers ! Make sure you have them clearenced for brakes if needed . I run wilwood brakes on a fab nine if that helps

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
You know how anal Brian Mitchell is about weight and his 60 ft but i had his done for him from Champion and he has been very happy with them,,,let me know if i can help u out

chad

·
Registered
57 Posts
Our kit run a diffrent inner lock kit to clear the rotors we have car out there that the beadlock sit on center with the rotor and clears with no problem. and a beadlock will stiffen up the side wall in most cases that helps guys out but in other cases u will have to adjust your tire psi from no beadlock to when running beadlock . thanks

·
DOO DOO BROWN
16,083 Posts
Iam thinking of double beadlocking my wheels(15X10 Alumistars w/4in.BS)...........The only reason is Iam thinking of doing it-is because Iam tired of dealing with trying to get my radials mounted all the time & was told if I had "doubles"-I could mount & dismount tires myself. Especially since I have 4in.BS? If anyone could give me some advise on this-I'd appreciate it!

Oh-Will it affect the sidewalls of the tires? I currently run the Hoosier 275/60's w/glue & have been 1.20 60ft.-Dont wanna lose my 60ft!!!!!
Chris can you not run a 12" wheel with a 275?? I figured you had 12" wheels on your car.

·
Confused Racer
40,275 Posts
I just bought weld dbbl beadlocks for my true 10.5 stiff sidewalls. I run a tube on a 12" rim. M/T said keep the tubes it will be the same. Its not, lost some in the 60' I am now running 1lb less. I didn't get my 60 back yet but was at the grove not cecil for the second time out.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
do you guys know if i can double beadlock a set of 15x12 holeshots with a 6 7/8 backspacing ? they are single now and was thinking about doubles ...

·
Registered
49 Posts

Weld Racing will convert your Weld Racing wheels to double bead locks. You keep your SFI as well if you have the manufacter do the conversion.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts