Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much weight did you lose?How hard of a install? any pics with motor in car,radiator mounted? Looking for ideas...
Thanks
Keith

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
How much weight did you lose?How hard of a install? any pics with motor in car,radiator mounted? Looking for ideas...
Thanks
Keith
Troy Jr. from Innovative Racecraft just did one last weekend. I'm sure he'll chime in if he sees this.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I am currrently working on one now. The install is not very hard if you can weld/fabricate although everything to me doesnt seem to hard lol. The K member will require down bars from the cage to the front of the K member for strength. I am doing this conversion as well as a one piece removable front nose as well. So we will be building a tubular "core support" if thats what you want to call it, to hold the radiator and trans cooler. This is a grudge car so we are doing a bunch of weight reduction. I think you will see somewhere around 150# or so by removing the frame and steering box etc. We are trying for 300#+ with the build im doing but then again its a one piece nose. The Gbody fenders,nose and core support are deathly heavy! Here are some pics of the build so far. Anyone interested we are a Double AA Performance dealer as well as TRZ Motorsports and we are an authorized install shop for the Double AA Performance parts by Atilio.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks amazing! So does the the rear mount on the lower a arm mount stay completely? can you get any closer pics of that attachment point?Im also going with a one piece front deal.

Thanks
Keith

·
Fastest mustang roller
3,005 Posts
Looks great.

·
HeadCaseRacing
11,611 Posts
Now I'm having 2nd thoughts john sears says its not legal in x.
But cutting the center out and installing a rack is
Make it bolt in and where the lower arms go cut the new lower bars that are on the kit where the old arms come down out. Then put tabs so it bolts to the old mount

·
First round fodder...
3,602 Posts
Why wouldn't it be, mustangs can't prove their original lca mount location, you can with this because the original mount is in the factory loc. AS for bolt in vs. non bolt in I can site a few smith rc front kmember a with welded uppers and subframe connectors. What's good for the goose......

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
The rack is available as an option with the kit from Double AA. It is a narrowed Pinto rack.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Well since John closed the thread. The convo in the X275 forum was just getting logical..... S boxes are allowed in mustangs (as well as lengthened wheelbases IE not factory LCA location) and Gbodys cant have a fabricated LCA mount (in factory location) .....beats me :smt102

I just wanted to ask on the X275 forum as I had a couple customers asking and I dont have Johns contact info. I will more than likely hand fab the front bars, center crossmember and core support and use the factory mounts on these X275 cars. No big deal just would rather support Atilio at Double AA Performance as he has a great product and it saves some of the fab time.....

Anyone with questions regarding the install feel free to ask :)

JR

·
First round fodder...
3,602 Posts
Well since John closed the thread. The convo in the X275 forum was just getting logical..... S boxes are allowed in mustangs (as well as lengthened wheelbases IE not factory LCA location) and Gbodys cant have a fabricated LCA mount (in factory location) .....beats me :smt102

I just wanted to ask on the X275 forum as I had a couple customers asking and I dont have Johns contact info. I will more than likely hand fab the front bars, center crossmember and core support and use the factory mounts on these X275 cars. No big deal just would rather support Atilio at Double AA Performance as he has a great product and it saves some of the fab time.....

Anyone with questions regarding the install feel free to ask :)

JR
yep, didn't know having a conversation about components would get a thread locked.......for anyone considering this component for any other part of racing, it really does save a ton of time and fits perfect.......

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Total horse shit his first arguement was that its weld in. Well so are after market first gen fbodys and novas after the front bars to the cage are welded to them. 2nd arguement was the front mount point to the lower a arm isn't factory metal basically. He keeps saying its not in "the stock location " even though it not factory metal its still stock frame location ant accepts a factory a arm much like a s-box that is legal.

·
First round fodder...
3,602 Posts
Total horse shit his first arguement was that its weld in. Well so are after market first gen fbodys and novas after the front bars to the cage are welded to them. 2nd arguement was the front mount point to the lower a arm isn't factory metal basically. He keeps saying its not in "the stock location " even though it not factory metal its still stock frame location ant accepts a factory a arm much like a s-box that is legal.
It doesn't change or alter anything from the factory location. With the amount of material that's left of johns flca mount as long as you leave that amount there is no argument left. He literally has a 2" strip of the factory mount left over ( if that). By his rules I can leave a strip of the factory mount, install atillos kmember, and fabricate a upper bracket to hold a strut that bolts to the factory upper a-arm mount.... All attachment points in factory location, bolt in, and as legal as the mustangs/ smith chevy2 fronts.....what's good for the goose....

1 - 20 of 57 Posts