Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just wondering if you are gonna put that tq arm on the car and come to Jackson?? If so I have a new set of tires, wont need them my motor let go on the dyno, made a pull to 8200 and went back to idle then had no oil pressure. Come to find out the oil pump broke in half:confused: so then we thought that was a quick fix so went to checking mains and rods and then discovered the crank was craked:(:( so my junk wont be there.
There is qualifing on Sat 3 rounds , 1rnd Sunday before race so would have time to tune in would have to scale in @ 3200 I think..
Give me a shout if interested. Any one else interested is welcome rules are on tdra.us race is this sat and sun pays 2000 to win Jackson TN
Call me Doty 731-697-3707

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
race

if doug cant make it You want to help me ?? I might be able to come..

·
Registered
633 Posts
You might want to think twice Vern. That's an awful lot of weight. :smt017 Hell, you can spray it for 50lbs more.

Naturally Aspirated
  • 2900 Small Block N/A with conventional heads
  • 3000 Small Block N/A with non-conventional heads
  • 3100 Small Block N/A with non conventional canted valve heads
  • 3200 Big Block N/A with conventional cylinder heads
  • 3350 Big Block N/A with non-conventional or non-wedge heads

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if doug cant make it You want to help me ?? I might be able to come..
Sure , at least you have a chevy motor in that Ford. Do you think it will handle the extra weight?? That is a long way from 3000# LOL.
How bout you David you gonna try it out??
By the way Vern does Doug even have a tq arm for that car? And if anybody has a 4" sbc crank with 350 mains they want to donate I really need it!!!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just like everybody else in the hunt for a few more HP!!! I guess its a good thing it worked out like it did, if that wouldve happened at the track probably could have broke a lot more parts. Right now Im just out a crank and bearings and probably a line bore job, also a oil pump. Had a mellings select but going back with a billet alum pump, the cast one broke in half!! my guess is from the vibration.
Hope to have it together for the next race.

·
Registered
245 Posts
You might want to think twice Vern. That's an awful lot of weight. :smt017 Hell, you can spray it for 50lbs more.

Naturally Aspirated
  • 2900 Small Block N/A with conventional heads
  • 3000 Small Block N/A with non-conventional heads
  • 3100 Small Block N/A with non conventional canted valve heads
  • 3200 Big Block N/A with conventional cylinder heads
  • 3350 Big Block N/A with non-conventional or non-wedge heads
That should be the weight in OSM. It appears fairly fair. It is only 150 lbs then nitrous sb and is only 50 lbs more then the nitrous small block with less then 18* heads.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
weight

You Know I cant run what you can run Small Block NOS 3200 and My NA Big block @3350 would not even be a close race it has been close the way it is . I cant run 3350 thats to much for my turd to carry .. so I am out on that race...

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You dont have to pull heads, most are marked outside. BB and SB most can look at and tell. All they check is jet size on nos, weight after each round qu or el and only one tire size. Works out very good as anyone who has raced there will agree to. Very close racing most of the time.. Kelly if you have time you should check it out 1st saturday in Oct.
Last night 1st rd qual was at 6pm we finished up racing at about 11pm.
Maby I'll get my motor fixed and be able to check out your last race, also if Doty will donate a couple of those 15 pass tires!!!
The winner last night ran a 5.58 @127 BB Nova leaf spring cal tracs.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
You dont have to pull heads, most are marked outside. BB and SB most can look at and tell. All they check is jet size on nos, weight after each round qu or el and only one tire size. Works out very good as anyone who has raced there will agree to. Very close racing most of the time.. Kelly if you have time you should check it out 1st saturday in Oct.
Last night 1st rd qual was at 6pm we finished up racing at about 11pm.
Maby I'll get my motor fixed and be able to check out your last race, also if Doty will donate a couple of those 15 pass tires!!!
The winner last night ran a 5.58 @127 BB Nova leaf spring cal tracs.
I didnt know there was a way to check for the canted stuff without removing a head. Then again thats why i have someone else for tech :p The BB & SB for sure can understand as that is easy to see. Just trying to cover all bases :) Sounds like a good running program. I think that first weekend in Oct is the NMRA finals at BG, but never know where i will show up haha. I am starting a new business so i will be able to be much more flexible with my time whoo hoo.

C'mon Doty give him some tires lol!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
tire

Hey Robert tell GBoy I tried the 275 60 15 tire and lets say with out a doubt I can run faster on that tire than I did on the slick now I know why you guys like them they hold up very well and last. I might try and run with you guys next year . On the down side I was at OSM weight not the 3350 . I will try and add weight and see if I can be competitive at that weight without spending Big bucks . I will have to get BES to do some of there magic I think I would need about 130 HP more to make it work so Who Knows I might come and play in your guys playground some day..

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would think with Profiler heads you would have the extra HP in reserve:D. The guy who won Sunday has a stock style head, some type of Edelbrock. Curtis Boggs ported, supposed to make around 1100HP. He had a old style controller and was rolling out a long way before it came on. I think it went 127mph on the 5.58 pass. Anyway you look at it he's hauling AZZ!! You should'nt have any problem running a number Vern, pretty sure he was using a 61 pill..
May try and make the last OSM race. Whats the payout??

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
nos

I would think with Profiler heads you would have the extra HP in reserve:D. The guy who won Sunday has a stock style head, some type of Edelbrock. Curtis Boggs ported, supposed to make around 1100HP. He had a old style controller and was rolling out a long way before it came on. I think it went 127mph on the 5.58 pass. Anyway you look at it he's hauling AZZ!! You should'nt have any problem running a number Vern, pretty sure he was using a 61 pill..
May try and make the last OSM race. Whats the payout??
curtis heads can make 1100 hp I seen this first hand . then he spays it mmmm . I did go faster but I would have to add the weight and that may have an neg efect on ET but like I said before it was the fist time I ran the tire so I might be able to run with you guys we will see

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thats a good payout!! Is the last race at Bloomfield IN??
Hopefully I'll get the car back together, working on getting a new set of pistions if this comes together gonna change the stroke. If cant get the pistions in time just have to put it back to 421:(
Do they allow as small of a pill as I run in the OSM:p8.5 I have heard some of the people are gassin hard!! Your not doing that ru Inverno;);)

·
Registered
435 Posts
YA, WE GOT A TORQUE ARM FOR IT. I EVEN CHECKED TO SEE IF IT WOULD FIT AND THERE WAS NO ISSUES I COULD SEE. KINDA PLANNED IT THAT WAY BACK AT THE TIME. I AM CLOSE TO FIGURING IT OUT WITH THE THREE LINK, SO NO TORQUE ARMS FOR NOW, YOUR GROUP IS THE ONLY ONE STICKING TO NOT ALLOWING VERN'S 3 LINK SETUP, OUTLAW RULES EVERYELSE. MAYBE AFTER THE SEASON I WILL DO SOME TESTING WITH IT AS I WANT TO KNOW, " MAY BE BETTER " BUT NOTHING IS EVER LEARNED BY FOLLOWING THE LEADER TO A "T".

I will be testing 1 or 2 more times before our last race with the current setup.

sorry for the caps, just looked up.

Doug...

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
spray

Thats a good payout!! Is the last race at Bloomfield IN??
Hopefully I'll get the car back together, working on getting a new set of pistions if this comes together gonna change the stroke. If cant get the pistions in time just have to put it back to 421:(
Do they allow as small of a pill as I run in the OSM:p8.5 I have heard some of the people are gassin hard!! Your not doing that ru Inverno;);)
well what do you call hard ????

1 - 20 of 44 Posts