Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ones I have now on my Street/Strip car are Dunlop SP 20 A/S in 165/15 size. They are discontinued. I like them cause they have a nice round profile on my Weld Draglites and have a clean sidewall without chunky tread sticking out. I drive a little on street and do True Street events and have to have Dot approved rubber.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
M/T sportsman fronts, they make a 26" or 28" in 4 or 8 ply depending on your cars weight. They have rounded edges and balance really easy.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
M & H tires makes a nice 4" x 17" tire too. 26" O.D.

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
Bias ply front tires drive like poo on the street though. Just my opinion.

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts
Mickey Thompson also has a new radial front runner DOT to compliment the ET Street Radials for the rear. This is in place of the bias ply Sportsman tires that are most common.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The M/T ssr are a radial I havnt tried them they have a tread pattern like a formula 1 rain tire it has V's in it looks like something a ricer would run on his Honda. But if it comes from M/T it is probally pretty good.

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts
I talked to Carl Robinson from M/T because I was going to ditch my Sportsman front for the SR Fronts because I run Drag Radials and he said there is no problem running bias in the fronts and radials in the rear so I am guessing the same applies the other way. I wasn't having a problem with the Sportsmans but I thought thd radials fronts were skinnier which they weren't. The are about 5 pounds heavier per piece.

·
Registered
137 Posts
You may want to check out the Coker/Pro Trac 215/75 DOT front runners. They will fill the wheel well on the older cars much better than the MT sportsmens. They have a 4" wide straight tread pattern that looks alot like the race-only front runners (moroso, etc.).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts