Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Creeping up on the electrical/plumbing portion of my build. Other than having someone tackle it for me, does anyone have any advice, pointers, information, diagrams, pics, step by steps, whatever that you can provide in regards to electrical and plumbing on a doorslammer or similar set up as listed below? I have some experience but this caliber of car is a little beyond the involvement I've had in the past and id like to learn/tackle myself as I have with everything else and save the $$.

Car: 1969 Camaro, double frame rail, big tire, 648 cubic inch BBC-twin 94mm gen 2s, CS1 Lenco 3 speed with Bruno drive, 700 automizers, Aeromotive terminator fuel pump, will be running fuel tech. Brake lines/suppression is complete, everything else needed.

I am Looking for any/everything (simple to technical) in regards to electrical and plumbing that will help smooth out my process upon starting the process.

Thanks in advance and God Bless

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Concato Racing, much appreciated! I will be reaching out.

It would be nice to pay someone to knock it out for me but getting it done and ready to go is not everything for me. I want to learn and I prefer to know all the ends and outs. If something goes wrong I want to be the one to fix it. Just starting this thread to gather as much info as i can to set myself up for success and make the process go a smooth as possible when I start. If I don't gather the information I need, I will figure it out.

What is everyone's thoughts on relay panels? My original plan was to run a relay panel in the car but I have talked to a credible source that just hard wires everything in direct. They weren't knocking relay panels, hard wiring is just their preference.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Use relays, period.

They are designed to switch high current loads, while only requiring light duty switches.

Depending on the design, they can also offer multiple wiring configurations.

While I do have relay panels, I also have a couple local relays. My fuel pump relay is near the pump, getting its power supply from the disconnect switch. I prefer this over running the power wire from the relay panel to the back of the car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Right on. Much appreciated! At the moment I am leaning towards a relay panel! Understanding some of these questions for advise may sound somewhat silly, wiring is not my biggest strong suit due to minimal involvement and zero involvement with a set up like this one.

Advise like what was provided from juiced coupe 78 is what I am seeking. If possible, a write up or diagram would be killer!

From a plumbing/ electrical side of things I am running:
Twin 94 mm gen 2s
Turbosmart 60mm BOV/wastegates
Aeromotive terminator fuel pump
16 automizer 700s, quad rails
CS1 lenco 3 speed with bruno drive, CO shifter tower, CO tank located in passenger side, trans brake
Plan to run a remote trans cooler
Electric water pump
Radiator with fan
Hurst line lock
Charging lugs in the trunk
Task lights (cab, engine bay, potentially trunk)
Switch panel
Battery and master disconnect are located in the trunk
All the bells and whistles from fuel tech
Obviously a switch box/panel above/in front of the drivers seat.
I am sure there is stuff that I am forgetting and if you think of anything I am forgetting, shout them out.

Thanks again everyone! Greatly appreciate any/all input and advice!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts