Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
One day I will have a day
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys using ? Just wondering if I should use my stock mechanism or if I would be better off going with something else . BTW , It's a 1981 Camaro with lightweight fiberglass doors .

·
Registered
721 Posts
The last few glass doors I mounted, I used Bearclaw latches. They appear to be the same ones the chassis shops sell. They are small, light and mount flat. The last set I bought was off of Ebay for around $40. They come with interior lock mechanisms built on, but you can remove them by taking out one screw on each latch.

I have also used OEM latches, but one word of caution, if they are not in pristine condition, the lack of door weight will make them difficult to open the doors. Some OEM latches don't like to be mounted on a flat surface either.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
The last few glass doors I mounted, I used Bearclaw latches. They appear to be the same ones the chassis shops sell. They are small, light and mount flat. The last set I bought was off of Ebay for around $40. They come with interior lock mechanisms built on, but you can remove them by taking out one screw on each latch.

I have also used OEM latches, but one word of caution, if they are not in pristine condition, the lack of door weight will make them difficult to open the doors. Some OEM latches don't like to be mounted on a flat surface either.
x2

·
One day I will have a day
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered the bear claw latches on ebay . They were only $37 with shipping . Sounded alot better than the $60 - $70 everyone else wanted for the same dam thing . I saw them in summit and called the tech line . The large double hook latch was $42 and the small single hook was $53 . I asked them WTF ? and the guy was like , that don't make any sense , but that is the price . I said I guess you guys don't want my money !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts