Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a few spots on my door edges that need to be repaired. The previous repair work got chipped installing the new fenders. I need to fill these areas in but not sure which product to use.

I like Evercoat and I found two products I was thinking of trying, one is Metal Glaze and the other is Euro-Soft.

Any thoughts on which one would be the better one?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
What are they, chipped paint? Metalglaze makes a fine glaging putty and could be used if its just a chip.Can you just sand the chips out? Let us know what the damage is for sure!!DR

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What happened was, some of the previous plastic got chipped off, along the front edge of the door, while trying to align things.
Some of them may be 1/4" wide x 1" to 1-1/2" long and 1/8" deep.
It didn't bother me at that time, because the car needs repainted but that was then and now it's time to concentrate on the body.
I saw in the description of the Euro-Soft that it's good for door edges so this is why I was considering that product.
But like I said, my coworker suggested Metal Glaze from previous experiences using it.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
They make a Kevlar duraglass witch is for edges. But if your trying to keep small metal glaze works but not a strong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts