Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Todays headlines from the Spartanburg Herald Journal. The brother of a man killed last week during a home invasion in Union County now faces murder charges. Preston Davis shot Micheal Wheeler at a birthday party because he was taunting him. Prestons younger brother Kelvin was shot and killed last week in an apparent home invasion. This killing had nothing to do with that and was more of a taunting incident. What the heck is this crap about? These type killings and drive by shootings are becoming common in some neighborhoods. These people are just crazy! They don't care about anything or anyone. And some people question why more citizens want to carry weapons to protect themselves. If people want to be treated with respect and as an equal then they better raise their kids better and make them start acting like productive citizens and not like a bunch of gangsters and thugs. People want to blame everyone else for the sorry job they did raising and controlling their kids. All the do gooders arresting parents for child abuse need to learn abuse from corrective action. A wooping to correct a bad action to educate a child is not sbuse. If it was me and all my friends would know cause we all got beat but turned out better for it. RM

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
He didn't just shoot him, either. Shot him several times. WTF???

Me and a buddy of mine were talking a couple weeks ago about stories like this...Younger guys pulling guns at the drop of a hat. He raised a good point...he said that the reason all these younger guys shoot each other up (usually over nothing) is because they've never been in a fight. When you're in school nowadays, if you so much as look at another kid crosseyed, you're arrested by the in-school "Peace Officer", suspended, blackballed, etc. Kids don't learn how to resolve differences, and they can't stand up for themselves if it's called for. (Thanks, libs...)

By the time they're adults, they're more afraid of getting knocked in the noggin than anything, or maybe getting punched and looking bad for losing the fight, so they just fire away. Probably never been spanked as a kid either, because you can't lay a finger on your kids without going to jail, being on the news, and losing your kids.

Thought that was a pretty good point. You don't see scrappy guys resorting to guns and knives. These punks and wannabes are so afraid of looking weak they just start shooting. My old man sure didn't spare the rod, and I'm grateful for it. Heck, I went to Christian school K through 6th and they hardly said boo about a couple boys wrestling around on the playground. Maybe sent to the office for a while and made to cool off, but the next day we were always buddies again.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes that would be the kind of SPOS parent I was referring to. RM

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The house they showed on TV when the kid was killed at the home invasion was a nice looking brick home in what looked like a decent area. Nice lawns and concret driveways. The TV people spoke with the grandmother of these kids and she said the family is suffering deeply from the lose of one boy now the arrect on murder of the other. RM

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
i'm gonna get flamed retarded for saying this around you guys, but...

some people *like half the population* should have no access to firearms. i love guns, but i've been around too many people who all of a sudden think they have the biggest dicks when they get their hands on a piece. idiots plus weaponry equals testosterone amplification.

·
ROLL TIDE!!!!
20,995 Posts
Paul, that'd why there are laws in place, but people like this don't care. Someone who doesn't care about taking a life doesn't care about a silly little law.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree too. These kids can legally buy a gun but they probably don't have a permit to carry it. RM

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
i'm gonna get flamed retarded for saying this around you guys, but...

some people *like half the population* should have no access to firearms. i love guns, but i've been around too many people who all of a sudden think they have the biggest dicks when they get their hands on a piece. idiots plus weaponry equals testosterone amplification.
It wouldn't have mattered, Paul. Anybody dimented enough to shoot multiple holes in somebody over an argument would have used a bat, a cleaver, or whatever he could have gotten his hands on.

This is the same subject that many people go round and round over, but in the end...The problem starts at home.

Edit: If I had ever pulled something like that, my old man would have been the first in line to throw the switch on Old Sparky.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts