Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
What you put in the window doesn't bother me..... its the kids taking the door panels, seats and spare tires off in the pits and trying to grudge a car 3 seconds faster than them

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
On the other hand, if you ARE going to put N/T on your window, please be sure to have a track stickiness tester guy, a backup guy, two door waver guys, a wheelie bar guy, a datalogger button guy, and an entourage of 50+ people who all do everything they can to get in the way of the track staff. Bonus points if your people can obstruct your car and perhaps the car in the other lane when it's time for burnouts AND EVERYONE WEAR A BLACK SHIRT. That way everyone can enjoy the full grudge racing experience! :smt110 :yawinkle:
But wait more... Please stand in the way as the next 4 cars come up and when they announce to leave look around like they are not talking to you.

Had to add a few you missed but great job!

This is the best post I read today. Was at lights out this past weekend and now cars running 6.0's are having helpers For the love of god people stop and "Making Racing Great Again".

·
Survived Drag Week 2018
6,293 Posts
I'd like to show up with a slant 6 Volare, put N/T on the window, have 3 people help me stage, then make a blistering 19 second run.
LOL!!!

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
I'd like to show up with a slant 6 Volare, put N/T on the window, have 3 people help me stage, then make a blistering 19 second run.
Set up your own grudge race.....with a kid on a 10 speed in the other lane!

·
Registered
744 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
i want to go to a race like that but with the girls topless :smt077
as long as i dont have to take my wife or daughters that day that is :smt081

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
My thoughts about N/T and the other moronic things the N/T bunch usually does:

N/T is for pussies. Anyone can easily find out what your car runs, regardless if it's not shown on the board. You're only fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

Spotters: With the exception of a very few cars, there is absolutely no need for 3-10 people on the line and backup spotters. All BS aside, it's ok to put a rear-view mirror in a race car. I've never needed a spotter on 35 years of racing and I don't need to worry about backing over a track worker or into another car sitting in the water box. I would like to see a rule that doesn't allow crew past the water box.

Dataloggers: It's pretty easy to put a toggle switch in the car to turn on the data-logger. Some say it's too much to remember at the line and crew needs to do it. If that's the argument, then I say you're lacking basic skills and shouldn't be racing if flipping a switch is too difficult.

Wheelie bars: Adjusting wheelie bars after the burnout. More monkey see monkey do and it screams unprepared rookie, inflated ego or both. There's plenty of time to do this back in the pits or staging lanes. There're tons of arguments about this but wheelie bars are sloppy and height changes with suspension position / load. It's not as critical as people think.

·
T/S 368E
27,655 Posts

We always laugh at the goofs getting gas or at steak & shake when all of us pull in with our enclosed trailers, and actual race cars
and a bunch of kids with their bone stock mustangs, F-body's & foreign cars still have a number & N/C on the window!!!!

When I used to drive to the track, the 1st thing I did was clean the window so cops have less reason to hassle me!!!!!!!!!
I definitely didn't hang around acting hard core!!!!!!!!!!

·
T/S 368E
27,655 Posts

Turning the computer on should be the last thing on your mind when you should be concentrating on staging perfect & hitting the tree.
I don't like doing it myself, I have enough to do checking N2O, box settings, relaxing & concentrating etc.

·
Registered
23,542 Posts
My data logger starts when I reach 3500rpm on the brake and records for 20 secs .

I truly believe that having someone put you in the grove is important though . Even though I never have it done .

I dont run nitrous , but I dont see any problem letting someone turn the bottle on and off . I would forget that every fucking time .....lol

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
My data logger starts when I reach 3500rpm on the brake and records for 20 secs .

I truly believe that having someone put you in the grove is important though . Even though I never have it done .

I dont run nitrous , but I dont see any problem letting someone turn the bottle on and off . I would forget that every fucking time .....lol
I never have a problem remembering to turn on the nitrous but I do often forget to turn it off at the end of a run. I like how your data-logger is activated, great idea!

·
Registered
2,938 Posts

Turning the computer on should be the last thing on your mind when you should be concentrating on staging perfect & hitting the tree.
I don't like doing it myself, I have enough to do checking N2O, box settings, relaxing & concentrating etc.

First year for a Racepak here. (Shoulda got one years ago) Primarily, I did not want to drill a hole in my car for the switch so I mounted mine on the upper roll bar next to my switch box. All I have to do is, sometime between the burnout and staging, flip the switch. Pretty simple, right? Wrong! Never mind actual racing, I didn't make it thru my first test session to realize that, after 15 years, my routine was not going to include flipping a switch.

I do have a small PLC in the car. It used to do more back in the day, not so much now but, it does know when I am in 1st gear and when my LL button is pressed. The only time those things are on at the same time is when I am pre staged and that is when the PLC starts the record. Nobody can forget the switch now.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Wheelie bars: Adjusting wheelie bars after the burnout. More monkey see monkey do and it screams unprepared rookie, inflated ego or both. There's plenty of time to do this back in the pits or staging lanes. There're tons of arguments about this but wheelie bars are sloppy and height changes with suspension position / load. It's not as critical as people think.
wheelie bar height is very important when you're going fast..... its the difference between bogging your shit down or getting some wheelspeed and the difference in steering the car..... going fast is in the small details. you measure it at the starting line because its flat.... and because thats the only place that matters because thats where you launch the car.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
wheelie bar height is very important when you're going fast..... its the difference between bogging your shit down or getting some wheelspeed and the difference in steering the car..... going fast is in the small details. you measure it at the starting line because its flat.... and because thats the only place that matters because thats where you launch the car.
I was going to write something smartass but changed my mind. The fact is, bar adjustments can be made well before the water box and having crew at the line doing things that don't need to be done only holds up everyone else.

Every year I find myself sitting longer and longer in the staging lanes so that wannabe grudge racers can pretend to be fast.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I like the guys that walk up to the line and hold their weather station up about eye level and then spin around a couple of times to get a reading , whos hood scoop is that tall?

41 - 59 of 59 Posts