Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've been building a 70 nova for about 4 years now.I've taken it from a rusted out bare empty shell of a car to a 90% complete old nova.

What I am wanting to know is some guess of what it will run in the 1/4.

The car is all steel.
Iron headed BBC
th400
built 8.5 ten bolt.
Complete interior.My guess is weighs 3300-3500 pounds

It has the factory subframe.AFCO control arm bushings,trick springs,and calvert 90/10 shocks

The rearend is original multi leaves.A few extra leaf clamps added to front of the springs.welded closed.Solid bushings in the leaf springs.Comp engeering traction bars.lakewood 50/50 shocks moved inside the frame rails.

The rearend is an 8.5 ten bolt.It has strange 33 spline axles and spool,3:73 gears

The motor is a 65 model 396.
9.5:1 forged pistons
063 heads with minor port work.Stock valve sizes
Cam has .556 lift on intake and exhaust.236 duration @ .050 on both intake and exhaust on a 110lsa
Performer RPM intake
Holley 750VS carb
HEI with an msd box wired up to it
1 3/4 hedman headers

Trans is basicly a stock 67 th400 with a tci transcat valvebody improver.And a 9.5 inch ******* performance 3000 stall torque convertor.

The tires are 26/10.5/15 mt et streets.

Any ideas on how it would run?

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the encouraging times!

I built this car to take to midnight madness at gateway on friday nights.On those nights a 12 second car is plenty competive to race with most of the cars up there.

Of course gateway closed and I kinda gave up on getting it down a track this year.But now it's supposed to reopen and I will have somewhere to race!

Knowing what the car was.(nothing)And making it where it can maybe run in the 12's makes me feel very proud.Of course I will feel way more proud when I got a timeslip in my hands!

Thanks again.Been trying to post a pics but photobucket hasn't worked for the past couple nights...

·
Registered
757 Posts
I would think high 11's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts