Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
cynic/realist
15,961 Posts
Bet it doesn't move too deep of snow. That pile in the video sure didn't come from that toy.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Bet it doesn't move too deep of snow. That pile in the video sure didn't come from that toy.
thats what i was thinkin.

·
Registered
21,609 Posts
For powder snow, before it gets soggy, I use my Toro leaf blower. Much easier on my back.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
A few days ago I heard on the radio about a team of Purdue students that built a robo snow plow that opperates like one of those robo vacuums....they use boundry markers like an invisible fence to limit its travel. There was some talk of them coming to market.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Neat idea, A for effort, but I could probably buy 3 good snowblowers that don't care how deep it gets, for what it cost to build that.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts

·
time to go racing yet ?
35,146 Posts
Neat idea, A for effort, but I could probably buy 3 good snowblowers that don't care how deep it gets, for what it cost to build that.

for the cost of that i would buy a early 80's chevy and put a plow on it for around 2500.00 ... take the rest of the money and buy beer . that damn toy hasa to cost over 10-12k . if not more with the battery packs and charging system . that shit aint cheap

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
:confused: Looks fine for show and a light dusting but how about just building a remote controlled snowblower so it could handle some real snow? The stuff these are messing with is not worth the bother.

·
Im a Pro at being Amateur
9,638 Posts
i had this same idea when i was about 10 years old. I had a remote control 4 wheel drive truck, made a plow out of plastic sheet and fixed it to the truck. worked surprisingly well for real light snow, but would spin if it got wet snow or anything remotely heavy. if i only had the time, money and knowledge back then i coulda made some money :)...gotta say it wasnt a bad idea for a kid though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts