Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My th400 has alot of passes on it probably somwhere around 1000+ I had planed on freshening it..... at least a paper and rubber kit if everything looks good or more if anything is worn. I wanted to look at the sprag and drum as I have always done my burnout "wrong" (1st to 2nd drive out hard in second) I usually change the fluid and filter once at the beginning of each season and it usually shows some slight friction and light matereal in the bottom of the pan. Here is the kicker (dont laugh too hard) it has a GER transbrake. I bought the thing way back when I didnt know any better and belive it or not it works great. The problem is I think they went under didnt they?? and the separator plate and valve body gaskets are probably unique to their junk I bet. So do i leave the trans as is and just wait till it fails (no problems with it right now), do I try and reuse the gaskets or do I try and make somthing else work. or am i just screwed and have to get a different trans brake????

Thanks
Craig

·
Super Moderator
19,351 Posts
Pull the trans apart and check it over before it fails, thats usually the right approach.If the gaskets are a holdup just order a set from tci they are similar and you will be able to modify them. If I remember correctly there is one hole missing in the gasket that you can add easily.

Hope this helps ,Hutch

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hutch that was what I was looking for a source for the gaskets that could be made to work

Thanks
Craig

1 - 3 of 3 Posts