Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Re: Don't by body armor at gun shows

They were selling counterfeit armor. Fake labels etc.
"On September 11, 2013, FDLE executed a search warrant at Alpha, Inc., 10 S. Cumberland Ave., Ocoee, Fla., and located counterfeit body armor from Point Blank, PACA (Protective Apparel Corporation of America), ABA (American Body Armor), Gall's, First Choice, and OM Tactical.
Agents also located additional body armor labeled as Full Dragon Armor, Coloma, Mich., which was determined to be a fictitious company. Evidence recovered during the search found the Full Dragon body armor to be substandard."

·
Registered
2,534 Posts

why buy it when the dept. gives it to me for free;)

·
Registered
843 Posts

IMO the products at gun shows vary like the parts on eBay. Many cloned/fake items being sold.

·
Dick for hire
17,960 Posts

Don't buy anything at a gunshow that you can't verify the authenticity and functionality of. Simple as that.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts

They were selling counterfeit armor. Fake labels etc.
"On September 11, 2013, FDLE executed a search warrant at Alpha, Inc., 10 S. Cumberland Ave., Ocoee, Fla., and located counterfeit body armor from Point Blank, PACA (Protective Apparel Corporation of America), ABA (American Body Armor), Gall's, First Choice, and OM Tactical.
Agents also located additional body armor labeled as Full Dragon Armor, Coloma, Mich., which was determined to be a fictitious company. Evidence recovered during the search found the Full Dragon body armor to be substandard."
They only pictured a carrier, hence why I ask. I guarantee most people looking at a carrier will go "thats body armor" including whatever news source is likely to report it. Heres a quick break down, if your buying hard plate, expect some paperwork. Soft plate can vary.

·
Dick for hire
17,960 Posts

"Full Dragon Armor" ...
Probably hoping someone relates it to this:
http://www.pinnaclearmor.com/body-armor/dragon-skin/
Huh, they've changed the styling of it since it came out. It just to look like actual scales. Apparently it doesn't hold up so well, the military wasn't a fan. I thought it was cool as hell, and sure did seem to stop bullets.

·
On the roller...
15,881 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts

Huh, they've changed the styling of it since it came out. It just to look like actual scales. Apparently it doesn't hold up so well, the military wasn't a fan. I thought it was cool as hell, and sure did seem to stop bullets.
Yeah, the original stuff looked very cool indeed! I saw a demonstration and was very impressed. There is a Columbian company that makes high end apparel with it; The James Bond dinner jacket type shit ;)

·
Registered
94 Posts

why buy it when the dept. gives it to me for free;)

I'm following you here, can you imagine how much everyone else pays for this stuff. Thanks God for LE contracted prices. I just picked one up that stops multiple hits from the FN 5.7mm and passed NIJ standards for backface deformation... which was unheard of a few years back. I even shot the demo vest myself through a chronograph. I was sold..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts