Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I've seen it done. The can legally do that. They will do it to prove a point. I find it funny.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
I've seen them just run into a car (slowly) and just push them out of the way. Funny shit.

·
Mother Hen
50,977 Posts
That doesn't bother me. If choosing between protecting an illegally parked car or someone's home or life, I don't care about the car windows.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
The illegal immigrant that owns it will just buy another car for $400.00 vs. paying the fine and towing fees.:rolleyes:

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
26,508 Posts
Thought this was common knowledge. Park by a fire hydrant and you may get your car fucked up.

·
Registered
23,726 Posts
I don't have a problem with it at all.

if you are arrogant enough to park in front of a hydrant that is needed in an emergency, then fuck you.

As far as the property damage issue, firefighters do lots of shit that damages property when it comes to fighting fires.

Doing damage to an illegally parked vehicle in order to minimize damage because of a fire, yeah, I have no problem with that whatsoever.

·
Jack Stand Racer
6,464 Posts
Don’t run over the fire hoses either... they frown upon that too... lol

·
Super Moderator
45,885 Posts
That doesn't bother me. If choosing between protecting an illegally parked car or someone's home or life, I don't care about the car windows.
Exactly. The size of those hoses, many cars would have to be jacked up to have enough room under them once the water is turned on, and once the water is turned on, a hose "going around" a car parked next to the hydrant, ain't gonna happen...it's not going to bend like that.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
In general, this is my sentiment as well.

Probably took more time to run through it, but they made the point.
BUT...how tightly can that hose bend? If they wasted even one minute breaking windows and feeding the hose through the car when it would have been faster to lay the house out around it I think they were irresponsible. I'm not sure if that hose could have made the bend or if they need a straight shot when it has pressurized water flowing through it. Just saying I hope they didnt let a fire burn for any extra time just to make a twitter statement.

·
Registered
20,704 Posts
They won't run it under or over, just right through. Is it just proving a point, or really a necessity to go through? I'm sure most people wouldn't park blocking a hydrant.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/2999403002

" "It doesn’t fit underneath and the damage caused by throwing it on top is likely more than the cost if (sic) two windows.""

LMAO!!! Yeh. THAT'S what it is. "less damage." Could not happen to a more deserving soul. Is there ANYBODY with a license doesn't know about parking next to hydrants, mmmm?

·
Registered
23,726 Posts
In general, this is my sentiment as well.

BUT...how tightly can that hose bend? If they wasted even one minute breaking windows and feeding the hose through the car when it would have been faster to lay the house out around it I think they were irresponsible. I'm not sure if that hose could have made the bend or if they need a straight shot when it has pressurized water flowing through it. Just saying I hope they didnt let a fire burn for any extra time just to make a twitter statement.

A hose that size diameter with water pressure isn't going to bend worth a fuck around a car that close.

Busting the windows and running it through is much faster than anything else they could have done.

Just look at how close the car is, think about what kind of bend radius it would take to get the hose laid out without a kink in it, think for about ten milliseconds.
And then come to a decision. if it takes you more than two seconds to come up with an answer, then you don't have enough knowledge about the subject to have an edumacated' opinion. :p

going under would be stupid and time consuming.

Going over would be too much of a kink, and the water pressure and weight would cave in the roof.

Going around would kink the hose and reduce the water flow dramatically.

Pretty sure the firefighters have training and experience from actual jobs, that say they did the best thing, and that has PROVEN to be the fastest way to deal with assholes that don't park according to the rules.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Those stupid firemen should just go door to door until they find the owner then ask him if he would move it because it's in their way ....... :cool:

·
Super Moderator
45,885 Posts
Those stupid firemen should just go door to door until they find the owner then ask him if he would move it because it's in their way ....... :cool:
While someone,...or someone's kid is dying in a fire waiting? Yeah, ok.

If your post was supposed to be sarcastic,...never mind my reply...lol

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
^^ spot on. Was going to say how that was laid out and looks like the hose was going across the street. They can not bend that hose once charged with pressure.

·
Señor Member
31,597 Posts
Meh...could be worse.

Gene will like this one. :p

1 - 20 of 76 Posts