Yellow Bullet Forums banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
18,113 Posts
I have seen plenty of people use Eagle cranks and rods with absolutely no problems. Their stuff has been here for quite sometime.

Now, the Patriot and Pro Comp stuff, I don't know anyone that is using it so I have no idea what the quality is like.

I don't believe that all of our American companies are actually forging and machining everything they are selling to us from US-sourced raw materials much-less actually doing it all here.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I have a pal with a pro comp engine. Pretty much all the parts he has is pro comp. He's got a family and money is hard to come by. He has had more problems and spent more money on that pile than it would have cost to have quality parts. He hasn't been able to race it in two years...

I'll never use any pro comp parts, my stuff has to perform, and I cannot afford to build a new engine because I wanted save a few hundred dollars by using questionable parts. People often say, "well this is going in a low power machine, it will work fine in there". Many times they're wrong.

·
Registered
1 Posts
god i hate these damn forums that talk ass crap about china parts, i tested this shit out to the fullest heres the combo, 400 sbc there 4340 crank and h beam rods 6 inch, i went with there 215cc heads, did my own porting, shoved 2.08 valves in them, still used there seats and guides, went with there 670 lift valve spring and retainer kit, there solid lifters, on a crane 264 270 solid flat tappet. there shaft offest 1.65 rockers, there fake ass billet oil pump, there fake ass timing belt setup, there mice distributor, and even there damn ignition box then to top it all off i went with there nice ass hogan wannabe fabricated sheetmetal intake and a threw twin 650's on that damn thing.

i spent a whopping 4000 bucks on what looks like a bad ass pro stock style motor, slapped it into my 76 camaro and threw a muncie 4 speed with all the goodies behind it.

now i started it up in the car with a set of custom made headers i had from my last motor 2 inch primaries and 4.5 slip collector and it idled like john forces funny car and never missed a beat so i got the cam ready to roll threw it on the trailer the next day and went to the track, i wrote built tough with procomp stuff in the back window to see what peeps would say and man did i get some middle fingers!!!!

and at 3400 pounds launching on a 4000rpm 2 step shifting at 7800 rpm guess what that "hunk of shit ran"??????

a 10.33 at 133 mph and did it 6 f*$%#ing times with out a damn hickup!!!!!!!!

parts dont mean shit if ya dont set it up right!!!! so dont say fuck procomp untill your 4000 dollar crap motor is running faster than mine!!! ha ha ha and if you think it wont last long i did this build 2 years ago and im still beatin on it today!!!!!!!!! good ol china!!!!! lmfao:party

·
Banned
31,418 Posts
god i hate these damn forums that talk ass crap about china parts, i tested this shit out to the fullest heres the combo, 400 sbc there 4340 crank and h beam rods 6 inch, i went with there 215cc heads, did my own porting, shoved 2.08 valves in them, still used there seats and guides, went with there 670 lift valve spring and retainer kit, there solid lifters, on a crane 264 270 solid flat tappet. there shaft offest 1.65 rockers, there fake ass billet oil pump, there fake ass timing belt setup, there mice distributor, and even there damn ignition box then to top it all off i went with there nice ass hogan wannabe fabricated sheetmetal intake and a threw twin 650's on that damn thing.

i spent a whopping 4000 bucks on what looks like a bad ass pro stock style motor, slapped it into my 76 camaro and threw a muncie 4 speed with all the goodies behind it.

now i started it up in the car with a set of custom made headers i had from my last motor 2 inch primaries and 4.5 slip collector and it idled like john forces funny car and never missed a beat so i got the cam ready to roll threw it on the trailer the next day and went to the track, i wrote built tough with procomp stuff in the back window to see what peeps would say and man did i get some middle fingers!!!!

and at 3400 pounds launching on a 4000rpm 2 step shifting at 7800 rpm guess what that "hunk of shit ran"??????

a 10.33 at 133 mph and did it 6 f*$%#ing times with out a damn hickup!!!!!!!!

parts dont mean shit if ya dont set it up right!!!! so dont say fuck procomp untill your 4000 dollar crap motor is running faster than mine!!! ha ha ha and if you think it wont last long i did this build 2 years ago and im still beatin on it today!!!!!!!!! good ol china!!!!! lmfao:party

one in a million,glad it all worked out for ya

even a big mac tastes good now and then...

btw nice first post asshole--hit the newb thread you johnson jockey

61 - 67 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.