Yellow Bullet Forums banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,814 Posts
Hey guess what, you all knew the stuff was junk before you bought it.

It's like, buying shoes at Walmart. They are junk, but the 10 dollar price tag must be too attractive so you allow your feet to take the brunt of your desire for cheap junk.

And for those still not convinced, yes..... it's all junk. But, you already know that.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
After all the extra work you've got to put into these POS heads are they really "budget" ?
THAT is the million dollar question!! That question WILL be answered pretty soon..

Many heads need to be "looked" at before installation, these will be no different in my shop.. I have done over valve jobs on many domestically manufactured heads, some of them have been a total train wreck! :eek: I dealt with a WELL known Mopar cylinder head supplier, to the best of my knowledge ALL their cylinder heads are made right here in the USA, and I would not use a THING they sell without going over it.. I got two sets of their BEST CNC cylinder heads, BOTH fucked up beyond imagination, and they told me to pound sand, and the problem cost me thousands in time and materials to fix.. :mad:

I will be honest what I find with these cylinder heads, but as I said, nothing jumps out at me other then the guides seem to have been pressed out, and pressed back in after the CNC work, and nothing done with the seats, I KNOW the seats will not be concentric, but I will bump them with the Serdi, put my own angles on them, along with radius the exhaust and all will be good, as far as that goes. Then again, I am a machine shop, it is my job to "massage" these parts before they are used on an engine that I put my name on, THAT is what I get paid for! ;)

Always gotta keep in mind, this stuff is "entry level", and treat it as such...

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
I may be the lucky one, cuz i have use them pro comp boxes, and dizzys and never had a problem with them, matter of facts, they perform really good, but again i am not defending em eather i say i was just lucky, and hope to keep that luck cuz they are really afordable!

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
I just finished flowing a s/b Ford CNC head, I was surprised that it didn't flow too bad.. I am used to flowing heads and finding they don't flow anywhere close to the advertised numbers, these were not too far off, and when I massaged the seats a little, and back cut the intake, it picked up a good 10/15 cfm, and peak flow on the intake was right at 300cfm, which is what they advertise. They claim the heads are 230cc on the intake, but I have not cc'd it yet..

Bottom line is, we don't race flow benches, but these will be going on a 408 real soon, and going on the dyno, so we will see.. ;)

·
Registered
571 Posts
but I got a really good deal on it last fall when our local speed shop was going out of business. I know a few guys that have had other Pro Comp parts fail, I don't know why I thought this would be any different?
Is there any connection between the local speed shop selling Pro Comp parts and the local speed shop going out of business? Me think so.

·
Registered
530 Posts
you deserve to get fucked for many reasons for using this JUNK.

Same guys buying this crap are also shopping at wal mart and driving cars from asia!:roll:

·
www.PelechBrosRacing.com
4,000 Posts
What do you mean 'Done with ProComp JUNK'?

You should've never started with it in the first place!

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
ok if you guys are done with the pro comp junk what about patriot products

·
Beer me!!
22,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
you deserve to get fucked for many reasons for using this JUNK.

Same guys buying this crap are also shopping at wal mart and driving cars from asia!:roll:
The dist. was in a fucking 2.5 ton truck, get off my back!! For the record, I don't own the truck, and the dist was damn near given to us. Sure I didn't trust it at first, but I never thought is would explode!! Sorry I ruined your day!!

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
ok if you guys are done with the pro comp junk what about patriot products
Hey, they are called "Patriot", so it must be patriotic to use them, just like "Eagle", I mean how can it be bad, even if it is made in CHINA with a name like "Patriot", or "Eagle"?? :rolleyes: I love when they try to insult my intelligence with fancy marketing names, as if it changes anything..

See, this is the dichotomy here, people will pick and choose what Chinese items they want to buy, and then it makes them feel better to put others on the whipping post, as if it is gonna change anything..

Patriot heads are cast in CHINA, although as I understand it, a lot of the machine work is done here in the states, then again, the CNC porting on the Pro Comp stuff is done right in Southern California, what is the difference, really..

With the Pro Comp stuff I am working with right now, I am going through EVERYTHING anyhow, but I do that with just about anyone's parts..

As I already said, I was surprised that the flow numbers that Pro Comp advertised were even close, turns out they were closer then just about anything I have had on my bench, so that was a pleasant surprise..

I will be testing one of their Ford blocks pretty soon, we will see how things go.. I expect to go over all the machining, but that is almost a given' with anyone's stuff.. ;) I will keep you guys posted with my honest opinion.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
85,082 Posts
I just finished flowing a s/b Ford CNC head, I was surprised that it didn't flow too bad.. I am used to flowing heads and finding they don't flow anywhere close to the advertised numbers, these were not too far off, and when I massaged the seats a little, and back cut the intake, it picked up a good 10/15 cfm, and peak flow on the intake was right at 300cfm, which is what they advertise. They claim the heads are 230cc on the intake, but I have not cc'd it yet..

Bottom line is, we don't race flow benches, but these will be going on a 408 real soon, and going on the dyno, so we will see.. ;)

WELL THAT'S PRETTY COOL....MAYBE I DON'T GIVE YOU ENOUGH CREDIT EDDIE!

·
Beer me!!
22,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 · (Edited)
Hey, they are called "Patriot", so it must be patriotic to use them, just like "Eagle", I mean how can it be bad, even if it is made in CHINA with a name like "Patriot", or "Eagle"?? :rolleyes: I love when they try to insult my intelligence with fancy marketing names, as if it changes anything..
This conversation sounds familiar eh Eddie? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
WELL THAT'S PRETTY COOL....MAYBE I DON'T GIVE YOU ENOUGH CREDIT EDDIE!
Hey, I am used to it.. I have always been an underestimated, overachiever... ;)

I have been porting on heads and intakes LONG before anyone ever cut up the first port on a 5 axis machine.. I started doing extensive porting back in 1978, I remember the FIRST heads I did a major job on, they were a set on s/b Mopar heads for a buddies 360, and it has just went on from there.. I don't do much hand porting anymore, years of it has caused the joints in my hands to hurt after much time hanging onto a grinder, and I don't like the pain, but I can make a set of heads flow, no doubt..

First thing I did to these heads were to put them up in my Serdi and recut the seats, along with doing some work on the valves, just basic stuff really, they picked up at some points as much as 15cfm.. :cool:

This conversation sounds familiar eh Eddie? :rolleyes:
Yeah, I have had it more then once..

·
T/S 368E
38,306 Posts

Totally agree with the others, that's what everyone gets that buys that cheap crap.
They rip off the design, they have slave labor build it with inferior materials, what the hell do you expect will happen!!!
Buy quality 1st, hopefully American when available, and let's drive these crooked carpet baggers out of our country.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.