Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Beer me!!
22,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving our Chev C60 2.5 ton truck today for work, POP, BANG, BOOM!! Get out, open the hood, the 5 month old Pro Comp HEI dist. I put in there last fall exploded!!! There was 1/4 of the cap missing, and one of the mechanical advance arms hanging out of the hole!!! The only thing I can think is that one of the studs that the advance arms pivot on broke, and the rest is history. I should have known better than to use any Pro Comp shit, but I got a really good deal on it last fall when our local speed shop was going out of business. I know a few guys that have had other Pro Comp parts fail, I don't know why I thought this would be any different? I guess I'll know better next time. Always remember that you get what you pay for. FUCK PRO COMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
time and time again i been telling people to run away from them but they always think they are getting a deal and its a bit cheaper.
well ya get what ya pay for.

·
Beer me!!
22,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
time and time again i been telling people to run away from them but they always think they are getting a deal and its a bit cheaper.
I got it for less than half price, and it's in a pretty much stock 350 in a 2.5 ton truck, not like we are making 1000 horsepower. I was leary of the pro comp when we got the damn thing, but I thought what the hell, it will last in a work truck right? NOPE!!! The engine maybe makes 300 hp, never saw the high side of 4800 RPM, and it couldn't even take that!! Never again, I definatly learned my lesson this time!!

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Ditto.....Things are cheap because they are JUNK!! You get what you pay for and if something is cheaper then most other brands selling the same part it usually means its not built as well. There are exceptions of course.

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
yeah but look how much money you saved :rolleyes:
i did only buy it because i wanted to see why my engine wouldnt run... someone installed a dual point in it and it had symptoms of failure so i got the cheapest thing to see if it made a difference and it did. i didnt really need to tell that story but i do not support pro comp at all and i dont want people to think i do ;)

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
I had one years back,I knew it went junk,paid a little more a got a accel!

·
Registered
920 Posts
dont try there rocker arms eather. i have bought 250 bucks worth of replacement parts to repair the ones that kept breaking. they r paper wieghts now.

·
Beer me!!
22,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dont try there rocker arms eather. i have bought 250 bucks worth of replacement parts to repair the ones that kept breaking. they r paper wieghts now.
This is very true!! A friend of mine wiped out two sets of their aluminum rockers on the dyno, just warming up the engnie!!! The fulcrums siezed on most of them. Thank God they didn't fail under load!! Threw on some CompCams rockers, and finished the dyno session. I couldn't fucking believe it!! It's amazing the bullshit companies are trying to pass off as "quality" products!!

·
Read Only
0 Posts

exactly ... only thing i ever bought that is chinese is intakes , they seem to be ok and when your going to hack it up anyways what does it matter .

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.