Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
36,639 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Was that the first blow over that ever happened?

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I was there and it was my son's first national event so he got an eye full. I had just explained to him who Big Daddy was.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
There used to be a video of Biggs blowover in Spokane WA, the one that broke ribs and screwed up his back. That one was a serious destruction of car and caused him to retire for quite some time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Was there at the 1000 ft mark pitside, standing at the fence. Big and Darrell Gwynn were in a pissing match, as each were trading National low et records on each run that weekend. "Somehow" they were pair together every run, back in the days when pairing was just who you lined up with.
Big did not want to lift when the front end starting lifting and than the air got under it. It was unbelievable and Big got out and waved to the crowds.

This was not the first blow over.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Big drove outta that like it was a walk in the park,just another day for the SWAMP RAT.Any one out there have any footage of Eddie Hill's blowover? ,that one wasn't as pretty

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for making me feel old....
"Back in the day"
I was there too, sitting at half track, pit side. Crowd went nuts when he got out and bowed like that

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Was there at the 1000 ft mark pitside, standing at the fence. Big and Darrell Gwynn were in a pissing match, as each were trading National low et records on each run that weekend. "Somehow" they were pair together every run, back in the days when pairing was just who you lined up with.
Big did not want to lift when the front end starting lifting and than the air got under it. It was unbelievable and Big got out and waved to the crowds.

This was not the first blow over.
If they were trading records, then they were #1 and #2. Which is how they run during qualifying. Dude.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
I was there that day,he ended up stopping where we had our RV parked. My dad was clicking off photos as it happened. Photos got lent out never got them back.

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
26,324 Posts
Man that is some blast from the past shit. Those days put me in awe of drag racing.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts