Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Troublemaker
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week at DMC Racing we’re finishing up the repair of Don Burton’s hotrod after his accident. Don will be here this weekend to pick the car up, and Dennis and the team have been working on different aspects of the rebuild all week long.

Dan built a new wing to fit on Don’s existing framework and use the existing spill plates.

The wing was installed to Don’s lift-off hatch. All of the existing small parts were also reused where possible, and we added new hardware where necessary.

Dzus rails were built to use Don’s existing hood and fasteners. It took Dan quite some time to match everything up so that Don was able to reuse the repaired hood.

We installed a new Pinto-style rack and tie rods to replace those items damaged in his accident.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

A new inlet tube and mounting plate was fashioned out of aluminum, with a V-band connection.

ProCharger blowoff valves were installed into Don’s new charge pipes. Check out how the tubing follows the contours of the new framerails!

Inside the car, we ran dual 3.5-inch tubing all the way to the intercooler.

Gerry spent quite a bit of time reworking the intercooler itself, which had to be modified with new dual inlets and a single large 5” outlet.

Dennis welded up the mammoth intercooler discharge tubing.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Another view of the interior.

An overview of how the car looked this morning.

And how it looks right now - final assembly of the work we are doing will take place tonight and over the weekend.

·
Godspeed TK!
8,989 Posts

The bars that are sitting on the jackstands(in this pic).......where do they attach to?

Sick work as always.....I talked to Don the other day & he was chomping at the bit to get the car back-something about racing it at WCF-MIR?!?!:smt103:p

·
Registered
1,505 Posts

The bars that are sitting on the jackstands(in this pic).......where do they attach to?

Sick work as always.....I talked to Don the other day & he was chomping at the bit to get the car back-something about racing it at WCF-MIR?!?!:smt103:p
I was about to ask if he was bringing out for the wcf.This is one of my favorite odr cars and its loud as shit.:p

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
looks good

is that a schoneck front bumper???? and why not do dual 3.5 merge to like 4 or 5" instead of 2 intake pipe to cooler???

·
Sizeable Member
7,748 Posts
Sweet. Just curious why there isn't a Y on the superchargers and one pipe to the IC? I don't know that much about twin setups but that's that way you normally see turbos plumbed.

·
up and running soon.
13,182 Posts
Thanks Jason for the updates and pictures,Beautiful work good to see this car back soon.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
looks good

is that a schoneck front bumper???? and why not do dual 3.5 merge to like 4 or 5" instead of 2 intake pipe to cooler???

Its a our 10" outlaw Lx cover

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Awesome Work Guys!!!!

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
Who's hood is that?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Who's hood is that?
It looks like a fox body hood with a 99-04 cowl that has been molded on it. I have never seen a fox body hood like that but alot of the later mustang hoods are like that. To me that style cowl is the best looking there is. We are going to mold the same style on Keiths hood.

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
looks killer guys, very nice work. too bad you are so far away.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Amazing work as always, i would love to have a DMC built outlaw radail 64 fairlane someday

1 - 20 of 29 Posts