Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1050 holly dominator 12r-8795b i let a friend use it and when i got it back from him the idle air bleeds and the intermediat bleeds and the main high speed bleeds was gone and he missed placed them.could u give me a good starting point to what # bleeds go where and so that it want be so rich when idleing.it's a 3 circuit.thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i found some that i think came with the carb but it only had 4 with the # 28 and the others didnt have # so i put the 28 in the main high speed and the next to the smallest in the idle bleed and the big ones in the intermediat. But when i took it to track it seems to be rich in the burn out and missing going down the track

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
If it's a 1050 with annular boosters, just find a similar one on Holley's website and use their baseline as a starting point. Not sure where it will put it, likely on the rich side, but at least you'll be able to tune from there. Definately better than taking a guess at it......

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Click on this link and go to the page "Adjustable air bleeds". You might need to find a model number of carb that is basically the same as yours first, then go there and see what Holley put in it. Not a tune for your combo, but at least it's a starting point.

Here's the link: http://www.holley.com/TechService/Library.asp

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
There should be another number, such as 9375 or 8896. Here is the site for Holley bleed data, as much as they have listed anyway.

http://www.holley.com/data/TechService/Technical/Air Bleed Specifications.pdf
Mark, TY for the link. I had a Thread awhile back about running a set of old school 750 Dominators on a 351C tunnel ram. I just purchased a 2nd 750 Dominator and plan to modify them this Fall/Winter. Doing all the research I can in advance and hope to do all the mods in my garage.

I have a feeling I might need to ask you a few questions in the future if that's ok.

Tater

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
If they are non HP Dominators that bleed data does not apply. The HP carbs have different calibrations even though the part number is the same. Let me know when your ready, I'll help if I can.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
If they are non HP Dominators that bleed data does not apply. The HP carbs have different calibrations even though the part number is the same. Let me know when your ready, I'll help if I can.
Yes they'll be old school Pre HP. Old School Pro Stock kinda deal. TY for the info. I'm kinda shooting from the hip so to speak. Gonna go with Quick Fuel Billet metering blocks and Holley Quick Change bowl kits. Figured if the main bodies seemed good to go it'd just be a job of tappin' the air bleeds and a drill size to get things in the ball park??
TY for chiming in....I have a little smarts but...

Tater

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
If the combination will handle it you can also get a variety of booster banjo's with different skirt diameters, yours can also be cut down on a lathe as well. This will add a little or a lot of airflow. And I know what you mean, the more I learn I find the less I know...:confused:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
redboy1037,that number is a casting # that you are posting,somewhere on the top of the carb it will say "LIST" and have a number after it.If you can post a picture of the top of the carb.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
While looking through a Holley catalog I found an 80586 which is a 3 circuit 1050 and it uses a 28 bleed in the idle and high speed circuit and a 54 in the intermediate.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

2011-09-25_152640...
Share|Edit|Delete|MoveEmail & IM

Direct link

HTML code

IMG code

Click to add title

2011-09-25_152601...

Direct link

HTML code

IMG code

</DIV>

Click to add title

2011-09-25_152551...

Direct link

HTML code

IMG code

</DIV>

</DIV>

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
It was probably a builders carb, the reason it has no list number. Without knowing what the idle jet or tube restriction size I can only guess at the IAB size, could be anywhere from .040 to .070. Looking at the metering blocks with the jets out, do you see tubes in the mainwells at the bottom? Are they an open tube or are they tapered at the tip if you see them? Main air bleeds between .025 and .028 will be fine to start. Also measure the venturi at the smallest point, around 1.68 is a 1050 and 1.83 is an 1150.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It was probably a builders carb, the reason it has no list number. Without knowing what the idle jet or tube restriction size I can only guess at the IAB size, could be anywhere from .040 to .070. Looking at the metering blocks with the jets out, do you see tubes in the mainwells at the bottom? Are they an open tube or are they tapered at the tip if you see them? Main air bleeds between .025 and .028 will be fine to start. Also measure the venturi at the smallest point, around 1.68 is a 1050 and 1.83 is an 1150.[/QUOTE its a 1050

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It was probably a builders carb, the reason it has no list number. Without knowing what the idle jet or tube restriction size I can only guess at the IAB size, could be anywhere from .040 to .070. Looking at the metering blocks with the jets out, do you see tubes in the mainwells at the bottom? Are they an open tube or are they tapered at the tip if you see them? Main air bleeds between .025 and .028 will be fine to start. Also measure the venturi at the smallest point, around 1.68 is a 1050 and 1.83 is an 1150.
do i need to take it apart and take pictures

·
Long Live The King
104,065 Posts
Man I feel for you.

Send that thing to a carb tuner and give your friend the bill for it.

G

1 - 20 of 25 Posts