Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to buy a dominator .It is going on my 454 .030 over dart 345 heads 14.5 :1 , .800 lift victor jr. intake with 4150 to 4500 hvh 2" super sucker 3400 lbs 68 camaro transbrake 5200 stall , 4.56 gears . Which one should I look to buy 2 or 3 circuit and what is the diff. ? which model # to get , I can get a 80821 for 250. but looks a little older or should i stay away?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
AED makes a very good carb.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
x10000000. call patrick at pro systems. i had a high dollar dominator i bought from a rebutable builder and the street mannrs were for shit! called patrick had a carb in a week and it is is perfect. it is super smooth on the road. it feels like a stock engine cruising on the highway with an afr of 13.5.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a new dart block 331 stroker blueprinted and balanced. It has tfs highport stage 3 ported flow 330cfm. It has -10cc pistons which give it 9.5 to 1 compression with the 60 cc heads. This motor has a blower cam in it. My questions to you guys that know are. How can I get big naturally aspirated hp out of this motor. Change the cam or get more compresssion. I have some afr 185's decked .030 that have 52 cc bowls on them now. Would I get alot more hp out of the highports if I deck them to get to over 10:1 compression. What do you expert dragracers think. Don't really have money for a supercharger. Just want to use nitros some times.
Thank alost

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
1050 cfm model # 8896
Bad idea. The calibration on an 8896 sucks.

looking to buy a dominator .It is going on my 454 .030 over dart 345 heads 14.5 :1 , .800 lift victor jr. intake with 4150 to 4500 hvh 2" super sucker 3400 lbs 68 camaro transbrake 5200 stall , 4.56 gears . Which one should I look to buy 2 or 3 circuit and what is the diff. ? which model # to get , I can get a 80821 for 250. but looks a little older or should i stay away?
The carb you are looking at is an 8082-1, it should be an HP 2 circuit 1050. While the calibrations are not the best, if it is in good shape you can make a few fixes and have a good carb. If you decide to get it, I can give you some starting #'s to use.

·
Registered
14,481 Posts
I have a new dart block 331 stroker blueprinted and balanced. It has tfs highport stage 3 ported flow 330cfm. It has -10cc pistons which give it 9.5 to 1 compression with the 60 cc heads. This motor has a blower cam in it. My questions to you guys that know are. How can I get big naturally aspirated hp out of this motor. Change the cam or get more compresssion. I have some afr 185's decked .030 that have 52 cc bowls on them now. Would I get alot more hp out of the highports if I deck them to get to over 10:1 compression. What do you expert dragracers think. Don't really have money for a supercharger. Just want to use nitros some times.
Thank alost
I know you are new, so maybe you don't understand. This is what is called stealing a post, if your post/problem, had something to do with the original it would be bad enough, but yours is totally unrelated. Try posting the question in its own thread.

·
Misanthropist
3,142 Posts
Patrick at Pro-Systems X4

X5..............IF you'd like to be ridiculed, talked to like you are a child, and just down right talked to in a condescending way. Go for it. Otherwise, I'd just other good builders........

·
Registered
364 Posts
X5..............IF you'd like to be ridiculed, talked to like you are a child, and just down right talked to in a condescending way. Go for it. Otherwise, I'd just other good builders........
I have spoken to Patrick on several occasions and 3 buddies have purchased from him also and never encountered this.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I have spoken to Patrick on several occasions and 3 buddies have purchased from him also and never encountered this.
I have never heard anything bad about Patrick either. I am 100% satisfied with his products and customer service.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have bought two different carbs from Patrick and I referred some other people to him and I have heard nothing but good. He has always returned phone calls in a timely manner to us when we have had questions about his carbs.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Just bought a carb from Patrick too, was BY FAR the nicest and most knowledgeable of any carb guy I have spoken too.

·
color me gone
1,418 Posts
yup patrick at prosystems all the way great guy and when i got my carb all i had to do was half turn on the idle screw and it was perfect

·
In the shop with my Vette
5,069 Posts

Sucks you had a bad expierence with him. What was the other side of the conversation like? I bought a pair of 950's from Patrick and love the carbs and the service I got and continue to get several months later.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Pro Systems all the way. He called me when i was at the dyno just to check how things were going and if i needed anything. I baught a 1050 alky carb and it was perfect out of the box. Adjusted idle only. Also got a 1000cfm 4150 for a costomers 598 pump gas motor from Patrick and it was perfect with amazing throttle responce and idle.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.