Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We finally have gotten my buddies 427 (now 454) FE fired up. This is in a street/strip car, more geared to the strip. The heads are dove medium riser heads, I think intake flow was about 350cfm, and exhaust 230cfm, Dove single plane intake. The cam is an engle cam, 252/268 @.050, .592/.600 lift, 108 LC. The carb is a dominator, from Bigs (never really heard of these guys). Anyhow, we get this thing fired, and it runs strong, but is pig rich down low and while cruising around. It had 92 jets squared, and was swapped to 88 jets, and the car slowed down, but is still rich at low load cruising. This car has no powervalves, and the front metering block isn't even set up for one, no pv restricter circuit drilled. I noticed while setting the idle mixture screws, that this thing sure pulls fuel, the idle circuit screws are 1/2 a turn out each. My question, is how do we get this thing to not load up at cruise? I really would love to install a front powervalve. What would we need to accomplish this a new metering block? What I would think would work for this setup would be a 8 to 10 jet spread with the power valve making up the fuel at high loads, would I accomplish this by changing the Powervalve channel restricters? I'd appreciate any input on this, I'm not too familiar with the dominator carbs, but I have tons of experience with the 4150, from NA to blow through (not claiming to be a carb god by any means, my perceived successes may be someones failures) but I/we are not afraid to drill passages, buy metering blocks etc... Are the circuits different on a dominator? Also how is this Bigs carb company, like I said, I've never run across a bigs carb before.

·
pig hunter
9,424 Posts
list the jetting and air bleed setup numbers... your going to have to go up with the idle air bleeds and int air bleeds and leave the main jetting alone at 92 it doesn't do anything at cruise or idle..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts