Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven’t moved anything on this linkage since Gary converted them a few years ago. I need to do something different to help with my finish line driving. Could I move this around to slow the secondaries down. When I’m trying to drive the stripe I’m having a hard time driving smoothly. Trying to avoid the 150 mph wheelies. Lol

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
That's a BLP shaft kit and it's set for 1 to 1 linkage. That is typically where they are set for a tunnel ram for even distribution at part throttle. To fix what you are taking about would take some linkage engineering, moving the linkage faster at the start and slower as you get closer to WOT.

·
Registered
202 Posts
That's a BLP shaft kit and it's set for 1 to 1 linkage. That is typically where they are set for a tunnel ram for even distribution at part throttle. To fix what you are taking about would take some linkage engineering, moving the linkage faster at the start and slower as you get closer to WOT.
I’m seeing several guys going to 1:1 linkage on most everything. What do you think of that?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mark. I called BLP to get some education . Nice guys . They told me what I needed to know.Thanks again.

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
There are some advantages with one to one, carb meters part throttle fuel more evenly, and it will stay on the transition metering longer. But it makes it very sensitive, two carbs even more to small throttle changes at low speeds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts