Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm laying out the harness for installation and noticed 5 unterminated wires (as pictured). Three are bundled together (red, green and blue w/white) and two are bundled together (black and red w/white).

When looking at the Holley provided wiring diagram they mention these wires however they are not the quantity or color that I have. As pictured, the wiring diagram list 1 wire (red w/white) and then 5 wires (red, green, white, black, yellow).

What gives? What are these wires that I have for and why is the wiring diagram different? ...or am I missing something...

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Re: Dominator EFI LS1 harness-Question about loose wires

I'm laying out the harness for installation and noticed 5 unterminated wires (as pictured). Three are bundled together (red, green and blue/white) and two are bundled together (black and red/white).

When looking at the Holley provided wiring diagram they mention these wires however they are not the quantity or color that I have. As pictured, the wiring diagram list 1 wire (red w/white) and then 5 wires (red, green, white, black, yellow).
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9893851&postcount=3 (blue/white wire)
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9911901&postcount=10 (additional wire)
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=516054 (entire thread)

The newer harnesses (designated by the blue seal on relay base) have some changes. Read the links above.
The LS1 harness doesn't need the white or yellow wire and blue/white has been added for tach capability.

http://www.holley.com/data/TechService/Technical/199R10555rev11.pdf (Holley EFI Wiring Manual)

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, so the blue w/white wire is for a tach signal. What about the others?

The link posted above to the holley manual is the same thing I posted above??????

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Okay, so the blue w/white wire is for a tach signal. What about the others?
The purpose of the red, red/white, black & green loose wires hasn't changed. Wiring manual is correct there.
When in doubt, use the actual wiring schematic (P1A & P1B wire designations), not the harness diagram.

The link posted above to the Holley manual is the same thing I posted above??????
That's just for my own reference.

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went ahead and bought an IAC, guess I'll try it out.

The guy that was supposed to be helping me with this Holley EFI stuff is not responding to my emails anymore. I bought the shit from him and he was supposed to help me get it underway. Should have bought from Joe.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I went ahead and bought an IAC, guess I'll try it out.

The guy that was supposed to be helping me with this Holley EFI stuff is not responding to my emails anymore. I bought the shit from him and he was supposed to help me get it underway. Should have bought from Joe.
Please send me a PM with the dealer who sold you the system.

I don't run an IAC on my car.

Good luck!

Robin

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Please send me a PM with the dealer who sold you the system.

I don't run an IAC on my car.

Good luck!

Robin
Why would you want to know who it is? Not really wanting to start a shit storm yet. Gonna give the guy a chance to help me out. He may be busy.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Why would you want to know who it is?
It was mandated by Holley, that their dealers provide "service after the sale".
As you stated, maybe there's a reason why he hasn't been as helpful.

·
Registered
876 Posts
It was mandated by Holley, that their dealers provide "service after the sale".
As you stated, maybe there's a reason why he hasn't been as helpful.
To add to Danny's comment, most of the dealers and Holley guys are pretty close. If someone is busy and has not been able to return phone calls then someone would give the dealer a heads up that their customer is looking for them.

In this day and age we are all on the chip doing the work of 2 or more people. Things can fall through the cracks from time to time. I appreciate it when my buddies give me a heads uo when I miss or forget about something.

In the end we want the customer to be as satisfied as possilble with the least amount of drama.

Let me know if you need any help.

Robin

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm one of the EFI techs, so feel free to reach out to me if needed. My primary duties are answering the phone/emails, however I usually leave my YB page open so I can "scan" the Holley threads to lend a hand/insight. Let us know if you need help getting in contact with your dealer. As Robin said, we try to ensure dealers are supportive after the initial sale.

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, now that is customer service. Manufacture's keeping an eye on their dealers. You don't see that often this day in age. Much appreciated. I'll reach out if I need to. Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts