Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best thing to put on them? I have some miconizole powder, would that help at all? He's never had these before. Looks like maybe a vet trip is coming :mad:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
We had problems with our doberman scratching and licking until hair was gone. She was real bad under her front arm pits. Turned out she's allergic and we had to find just the right food. Nothing else helped. You can try doggy benadryl in the short term to help calm it down.

·
Registered
13,343 Posts
Our female labradoodle has the same thing. Stopped the store bought doggy treats and now make frozen yogurt treats with some plain flavor yogurt. Hers cleared up right away. Her coat is better than ever and they love them.

Take an ice cube tray and put a scoop in each. Freeze them and enjoy!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Had my dog at the vet last week for something else. He had a hotspot though. The vet put him on Betagen spray. Seems to be clearing it up fairly well.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Miconazole helps but not the best by itself, need something to dry it up. Needs an oral antibiotic (Cefelexan). Wife works at vet.

·
Registered
686 Posts
My English bulldog used to develop hot spots until we changed food. Both our dogs now are on grain free and haven't had those problems in two years. I clean his folds w malecetic wipes and I've read I think hotspots can be cleaned w those as well but I could be wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts