Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
White Akitas are actually quite common....just not so much in the show ring.

Thanks for sharing.

I used to show dogs. One year I campained a Smooth Collie. Put him in the top 10 Herding group and he was in the top 20 All Breed system. That year cost over 30k just for showing a fucking dog!!! Primarily showed and bred Aussies. I was way more work than racing ever was......love my dogs, but my show days are over thanfully. I still have my first CH. and he is now a very loving companion.

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dogs pictured as Bull Mastiffs are not. They are Dougue De Bordeaux's it is a French Mastiff. Im a proud owner of one named Chevy. Remember Turner & Hooch? Here he is!
Good catch....One of the couple told me he was a Mastiff, another one didn't!

·
ROLL TIDE!!!!
20,992 Posts

Thanks for sharing.

I used to show dogs. One year I campained a Smooth Collie. Put him in the top 10 Herding group and he was in the top 20 All Breed system. That year cost over 30k just for showing a fucking dog!!! Primarily showed and bred Aussies. I was way more work than racing ever was......love my dogs, but my show days are over thanfully. I still have my first CH. and he is now a very loving companion.

Not to mention the f'ing politics with some breeds. I really wanted to get into handling, but I would only handle certain breeds. Luckily with my favorite breed, there is not a lot of bias and politics. I just know I don't have weekends free to campaign. :(

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not to mention the f'ing politics with some breeds. I really wanted to get into handling, but I would only handle certain breeds. Luckily with my favorite breed, there is not a lot of bias and politics. I just know I don't have weekends free to campaign. :(
That gal in the pic grooming the Standard Poodle is a fulltime Groomer/Handler. She says it's good money but your right, it's very political!

·
ROLL TIDE!!!!
20,992 Posts
I actually found that out after the fact, it just seemed all the Akita's had some Black/brown on them!
Because it's flashier, and flashy dogs get noticed. *sigh*

My breed is the Rhodesian Ridgeback. They are pretty much untouched, unchanged, and no "splits" within the breed.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts

Thanks for sharing.

My neighbor has a all White Male she wanted to breed with my female but we had both of our Akita's fixed. Quite breed except when they need tp be. Just ask OJ:-|

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Because it's flashier, and flashy dogs get noticed. *sigh*

My breed is the Rhodesian Ridgeback. They are pretty much untouched, unchanged, and no "splits" within the breed.
I would have guess a big lovable bird-dog the hunts really big Ducks.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts