Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 60 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
37,987 Posts
My wife says the Coach or Kors handbags hold up way better than store brands. She's had the Kors one for about 5 years it still looks new. She rotates it with a couple Coach bags every so often.

She gets them at the outlet stores for 60 to 80 % off original "retail". Some days you walk in they hand you a coupon 30 or 40% off any item as many as you want.

I've been at the outlets with her on a weekend a couple times and there are buses from New York there ... the asian ladies buy 5 or more coach purses at a time. I assume they are reselling them up there.

If she gets a new Coach she will ebay one of her older ones, they always sell quickly.

·
FHRITP
50,531 Posts
I sell luxury items. I don't sell one thing people actually need. I got tickled when my mom told me about a conversation she had with my daughter several years ago. My daughter was telling mom about a couple of wealthy customers I have that bought a piece of Tiffany silver from me. My daughter was going on about how they bought that expensive piece of silver like it was something, and my mom said, but your momma owned it. Lol. I don't keep stuff like that. I have no desire to. I have my own very nice jewelry, but that is sort of expected based on what I do. My boyfriend, my daughter and my mom all have very nice jewelry as well. I carry a nice purse and wear nice shoes, because you just should.
read that post again. You NEED them to WANT it lol

·
Senior Frog
10,338 Posts
I own a few fancy watches,Rolex,Omega its just another hobby,when someone says Rolex are junk they have no idea what they are talking about
If you get the right shit at the right time you can really make a nice profit also.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I just this year got engaged and the ring she chose was vintage from an estate. We looked at all new rings and she chose the vintage ring. She has had more compliments on this ring. She is very happy with it. She says she's cheap to keep. I have to agree with her.

·
Smart Ass Conservative
115,962 Posts
I find Luxury toilet paper sooths my ragged ass .

Reactions: carolinagirl

·
Mother Hen
51,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I own a few fancy watches,Rolex,Omega its just another hobby,when someone says Rolex are junk they have no idea what they are talking about
If you get the right shit at the right time you can really make a nice profit also.
I have sold them, but I don't like them. As far as watches go, Rolex is way down on my list of watches. I understand they have value, but I just don't like them.

·
Mother Hen
51,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I just this year got engaged and the ring she chose was vintage from an estate. We looked at all new rings and she chose the vintage ring. She has had more compliments on this ring. She is very happy with it. She says she's cheap to keep. I have to agree with her.
New jewelry has an incredible mark up. You get a lot of value out of old jewelry compared to new. The stones and construction are usually better quality and the prices are more realistic. Chances are you won't run into anyone that has your exact ring either. I purchased my mother's engagement and wedding ring at auction. I picked out several rings at different auctions to show her and she liked this platinum Deco diamond ring the best. The size listed was about two sizes too small for her, but when we went to preview it, it fit her perfectly. Because the solitaire was placed in a ring jacket, buyers didn't realize it was a Deco platinum ring, so it went at half the price of the other Deco solitaires. I cried when I won it. It was just meant to be hers and I liked handing my step-dad half his money back.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Does this count? Seemed ok last night!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
time to go racing yet ?
33,856 Posts
i have a tiffany necklace i found on the beach years ago.... worth big bucks ??

only high end thing we have is a 10k engagement/wedding ring and its not a luxury name....but it was bought from murphys.... the guy who got stabbed a few yrs ago in new orleans by a hooker.

·
Mother Hen
51,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
i have a tiffany necklace i found on the beach years ago.... worth big bucks ??

only high end thing we have is a 10k engagement/wedding ring and its not a luxury name....but it was bought from murphys.... the guy who got stabbed a few yrs ago in new orleans by a hooker.
Depends on the necklace and whether it is real or not. Tiffany is one of the most faked brands out there.

·
Smart Ass Conservative
115,962 Posts
I buy the best Chinese condoms , they really know how to take care of a wang .

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I bought a 2 tone Submariner with date in 1990 for $3800. I think they are going for $12,500 now? Its been sitting in a drawer for about 10 years now, and I only took it out when I went to trade shows and expositions where there would be young bucks there.

If I was going to buy a fancy watch again, it would be a Vacheron Constantin, but no desire to run with that crowd again

Every time I go to the dealership for parts, I realize I am buying the luxury brand.
That is cool that you have a 1990 Sub TT. What dial color is it? Did you keep all of the paper work it came with?

And the Vacheron watches are beautiful, I really like the Patrimony models but out of my price range.

This - I view it as a hobby also, but am very careful to not get into it, since it can turn into a very expensive obsession quickly.

Wife actually has put up with it - since I gave up racing, she figures the money would have left the account anyway and now she doesn't have to worry about me (nor listen to me when I would bitch how I screwed up something at the track and shortened my day:)).

The big problem is finding the watches at MSRP. The are now long lines, with some of the watches having waits of 3-5 years for the really hot ones. But as you said if you get lucky you can make a serious profit on some of them if you get it for the right price.

My collection is minor Citizen Echo drives, Longines & Rolex. My go to just to knock around is one of the Citizens. Son got me into the higher end, since he knew I always wear a watch.

The Rolex's are rugged - between my 2 each one is around - 1 or 2 seconds a day off.

Steve

·
Registered
222 Posts
My dad will (and has) bought stupid, unnecessary hunting clothes but no, no one in my family buys the things you're asking about. Mostly because those things are too expensive, but also because nobody in my family has much use for such things. Then again, dad would probably buy a Rolex to show off if he had the cash.

·
Mother Hen
51,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
My wife says the Coach or Kors handbags hold up way better than store brands. She's had the Kors one for about 5 years it still looks new. She rotates it with a couple Coach bags every so often.

She gets them at the outlet stores for 60 to 80 % off original "retail". Some days you walk in they hand you a coupon 30 or 40% off any item as many as you want.

I've been at the outlets with her on a weekend a couple times and there are buses from New York there ... the asian ladies buy 5 or more coach purses at a time. I assume they are reselling them up there.

If she gets a new Coach she will ebay one of her older ones, they always sell quickly.
I stopped buying Michael Kors, because we had two new purses tear up. One tore up within a month and the other broke in a week. The only option they offered was for me to send them back for repair and do without the brand new purses for months. I should have taken them back to the store.

I only buy Coach now. They hold up much better and I only buy them from the retail stores, not the outlets. Very few of the retail Coach purses wind up at the outlets. The purses at the outlets are made for the outlets, are somewhat lesser quality and hence the cheaper price. If the serial number starts with an F, it was made for the factory outlet, not for retail sales.

·
Moderater
13,333 Posts
Just Jeans and T-shirt people here. The only Designer stuff my wife buys is her hand bags, mostly Coach or Brighton. Only thing I spend stupid money on besides my cars is Sunglasses. I have one watch my grandfather gave me on my 16th birthday and I only wore it a couple times. I have never wore my wedding ring.

·
Registered
21,211 Posts
I actually have heard of it, but I also have lots of books on watches and see tons of stuff at auctions.
Well, I guess you would have, specializing in the obscure. ;)

41 - 60 of 128 Posts