Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to Pacemakers dragway friday night to test n tune. Been almost 2 months since I have been to the track. My first 3 passes I red lighted bad. But my first et was 8.07, 2nd pass was 7.51 with a .333 red light, 3rd pass was a 7.52 with a .700 green, 4th pass was a 7.92 with a green light. Both of the faster passes where in the right lane, slower passes in left lane. These are 1/8 mile et's. Both of faster passes 60' where 1.69 and 1.65. Slower ones where 1.76 and 1.79. The 7.50's is the best my s10 has ever ran. It usually runs in the 7.90's in the 1/8th. If the calculators I used are correct the 7.51 pass would have been a high 11 pass in the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
983 Posts
no it doesnt and buy a practice tree.:p

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuck n a! Im fucking happy! I figured it was a fluke and et was fucked cause I red lite. Best my junk has ever ran and I mean junk! I had the practice tree app on my phone but got a new one and haven't downloaded it again.

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
While red lighting won't affect it if your reaction time caused it, if your red light is caused by staging deeper it will slow the ET. The shallower you stage the farther the car starts moving before rolling out of the beams, the quicker the ET. Also, if the photocell height is different between lanes it will do much the same, slower ET and faster reaction or red light if they are lower, faster ET and slower RT if they are higher. If your ET is varying that much something is wrong, I wouldn't be happy with it.

·
23,465 Posts
So I went to Pacemakers dragway friday night to test n tune. Been almost 2 months since I have been to the track. My first 3 passes I red lighted bad. But my first et was 8.07, 2nd pass was 7.51 with a .333 red light, 3rd pass was a 7.52 with a .700 green, 4th pass was a 7.92 with a green light. Both of the faster passes where in the right lane, slower passes in left lane. These are 1/8 mile et's. Both of faster passes 60' where 1.69 and 1.65. Slower ones where 1.76 and 1.79. The 7.50's is the best my s10 has ever ran. It usually runs in the 7.90's in the 1/8th. If the calculators I used are correct the 7.51 pass would have been a high 11 pass in the 1/4 mile.
I've only seen a red light alter et if you back out of the beams.
Everything going forward, no.
Of course deep staging leaves less run at the clocks and will alter et also by a small percentage.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I barley bump into both beams. On a sportsman tree I try and leave on last bulb. Headed back out this friday. Weather permitted.

·
nightmare on any street..
5,033 Posts
I've only seen a red light alter et if you back out of the beams.
Everything going forward, no.
Of course deep staging leaves less run at the clocks and will alter et also by a small percentage.

If I'm at a track and having to "bump" in to get a light, every bump is 2 hundredths. We can't stage deep in Stock. I have bumped as much as 4 times and not cut off the top bulb. Car was .5 off the normal et.

So I have to disagree with your small percentage post....lol.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Fuck n a! Im fucking happy! I figured it was a fluke and et was fucked cause I red lite. Best my junk has ever ran and I mean junk! I had the practice tree app on my phone but got a new one and haven't downloaded it again.
You said it....It's Junk for sure!!! LMAO!! How can you race something that inconsistent???? What you have is a vehicle that has a serious problem or & I have seen this before a driver that never does the same thing twice in a row...There just can't be anyway that thing is fluctuating like that and you can't tell the difference in the pass!! Did it seem sluggish on the 8.0 passes??? 8.0 = 12.50's to low 60's & 7.50's = 11.80's to low 90's... Not being sarcastic but I would be quite puzzled with that outing....Did you make any drastic changes that would cause a big ET jump? Just Sayin!!:smt102

·
23,465 Posts
If I'm at a track and having to "bump" in to get a light, every bump is 2 hundredths. We can't stage deep in Stock. I have bumped as much as 4 times and not cut off the top bulb. Car was .5 off the normal et.

So I have to disagree with your small percentage post....lol.
That's complete rubish.
Maybe .05 hundredths total I would believe but 5/10?
No way you killing half a second with 4 bumps.

·
T/S 368E
31,288 Posts

As mentioned, 2 totally independent timing systems at play.

I have to disagree with the disagree.
There is no way in hell I believe that bumping in deep is worth 1/2 a second.
Even T/F is just a small %!!!

·
23,465 Posts
.002 per bump maybe but not .02 per bump.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The first pass motor wasn't warm, pretty much straight off trailer. 2 faster passes motor was warmed up and it dead hooked. First 60' was a 1.79. The 2 faster passes was in 1.69 or 1.65 60'. Last pass did a shitty burn out and it was in the 1.70's.

·
nightmare on any street..
5,033 Posts
That's complete rubish.
Maybe .05 hundredths total I would believe but 5/10?
No way you killing half a second with 4 bumps.

Damn auto correct on the iphone. I meant to say .05......I usually hold .5 lol

·
God's servant Romans 13:4
6,798 Posts
The first pass motor wasn't warm, pretty much straight off trailer. 2 faster passes motor was warmed up and it dead hooked. First 60' was a 1.79. The 2 faster passes was in 1.69 or 1.65 60'. Last pass did a shitty burn out and it was in the 1.70's.
Natesomer, glad you're having fun out there. But the posters are right. That car is not consistent enough to win on anything but luck. Work on things and get it to where at least your 60's are close, or become a very good finish line racer. But if you can't cut a light, any experienced bracket racer will beat you every time.

Good luck, and have fun.;)

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well the the only race I entered this year I runnered up. It ran consistent all day that day. It has pretty much all summer. It will normally run a few hundredths pass to pass. I don't get to bracket race much at all. Mostly a friday night tnt toy.

·
TEAM CARB
45,254 Posts
a real shallow vertical red...and a real deep less "rollout" red, both will "alter" ET
But yes the 2 timing systems are independent

·
e85 & injection guru
5,391 Posts
While red lighting won't affect it if your reaction time caused it, if your red light is caused by staging deeper it will slow the ET. The shallower you stage the farther the car starts moving before rolling out of the beams, the quicker the ET. Also, if the photocell height is different between lanes it will do much the same, slower ET and faster reaction or red light if they are lower, faster ET and slower RT if they are higher. If your ET is varying that much something is wrong, I wouldn't be happy with it.
its about a one to one change in 60ft time to reaction time at your level . idk if your deadly consistant and no spin ? do a split time from 60 ft to fiinsh line and see how much it is really off each pass .
if you cant stage the same and 60 ft the same the game is over

·
Registered
105 Posts
Red lighting has been proven to affect ET in most circumstances. Basically what happens, is the timing system isn't ready to go yet if you leave before you should...so it tends to lag. This will cause you to run slower because you took the timing system by surprise. This is why you should never log or examine runs where you red-lighted, because the times will be off by at least a few hundreds.

Everyone who knows anything about drag racing knows this.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts