Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seems no matter how much fuel I throw at my car it still looks lean on the plugs. I'm putting in new plugs in staging lanes and shutting off through traps. Was told I'm running too hot of a plug. Could this cause my problem?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
6.0 LS...NGK br7ef plug gapped .030" 100 shot 93 octane 23 degrees

Car doesn't seem to pick up with more fuel

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually surges pretty bad in high gear is why I was thinking its fat

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Are you monitoring the fuel pressure? Do you have good fuel pressure at the traps? The only time my car ever surges is if I let the bottle pressure get too high or if I let the tank get too low and the fuel pressure fluctuates.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah fuel pressure looks good. Nitrous pressure steady

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Thats a close spread for 6.5. Are you at least seeing a shadow or speckles on the plug? I don't think the plug is too hot (IMO) though I would have it at .25

Are you logging spark? Wiring good?

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
seems no matter how much fuel I throw at my car it still looks lean on the plugs. I'm putting in new plugs in staging lanes and shutting off through traps. Was told I'm running too hot of a plug. Could this cause my problem?
Yes. A hot plug can hide the fuel ring. A cold plug can show a good amount of fuel ring and not be rich. Its all combination specific..

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thats a close spread for 6.5. Are you at least seeing a shadow or speckles on the plug? I don't think the plug is too hot (IMO) though I would have it at .25

Are you logging spark? Wiring good?

No way to log spark. Wiring seems good, I'll go over it again.

Here's the plug

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys. I spoke with Monte and he seems to think my tuneup is all fat and too hot a plug. He told me to go to a -8 plug, tighter gap, wider spread and less fuel pressure. I'm gonna baby step it I guess lol

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yes, it's very light but you can see it. That plug was with 6# fuel pressure, it isn't any darker with 7# is why I was wondering about heat range affecting it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts