Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
The Medcine Man
8,149 Posts
He also raced a CRF450 for a year or 2 before he left honda. He is the best and could win on anything but every interview I have ever seen him in he has said that the 4 stroke has way to much of an advantage of two strokes to not ride one against two strokes.

But on that note I have had alot of 4 strokes but im switching back to a 250 2-stroke because in any amatuer races it can be ridden in the lites class against 250 4-strokes and thats a huge advantage.
I don't believe you know what you are talking about maybe on an wideopen outdoor circuit Carmicheal busted 4 stroke as ON a 2 stroke and a 2 stroke of the same cc as a 4 stroke will beat the ass of a 4 stroke same reason why in a dragrace it would damn near take more than 650cc to stay with a 500 2 stroke.

But to tell all truth dirt bikes have such a great power to weight ratio that it's mostly the rider. Carmicheal was the fastest I had ever seen on a bike on a 2 stroke. Maybe with the exception of Mike Larrocco that guy was a phucking animal on a 500 back when they used to have the class in national MX!

·
The Medcine Man
8,149 Posts

photo taken before I put numbers on the plates...

1984 CR500
Sweet old bike! Bet it's not to sweet you crank on that twist throttle though! Ass buster right there.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I don't believe you know what you are talking about maybe on an wideopen outdoor circuit Carmicheal busted 4 stroke as ON a 2 stroke and a 2 stroke of the same cc as a 4 stroke will beat the ass of a 4 stroke same reason why in a dragrace it would damn near take more than 650cc to stay with a 500 2 stroke.

But to tell all truth dirt bikes have such a great power to weight ratio that it's mostly the rider. Carmicheal was the fastest I had ever seen on a bike on a 2 stroke. Maybe with the exception of Mike Larrocco that guy was a phucking animal on a 500 back when they used to have the class in national MX!
I really dont even understand what you are trying to type. You said RC never rode a 4-stroke when in fact he did. He rode honda's and suzuki's.
I also said he can win on anything he proved that. But I have seen many interviews with him and he says that the way the AMA rules are now that a 2-stroke cannot compete with the 450's because they are 1) to small displacement and 2) the 4-stroke is so much easier to go faster on for a longer amount of time.
But also not just everyone can get on a big 2-stroke and go fast there are only a hand full of guys in the world that can use the power of a big 2-stroke.
With that being said im switching back to a 250 2-stroke because they can be raced in the lites classes in amatuer mx.

·
12,072 Posts
I rode motocross plus, trials for qiute a few years got pretty good could have went some where with it. But I'm with the others 2 strokes make sick power that's the reason Carmicheal never rode a 4 stroke he was one of the nastiest riders in history! Mike Larrocco best I ever seen on a 500. That guy was isane fast on one almost super human! 500 2 stroke there is'nt a human on earth that can take an advantage of the full power they produce. I rode one once draged a 600 4 stroke by third gear he was sucking chunks.

Hey Steve you ever been to a track up on 75 in Ky it's called Daniel Boone Motocross park. They also have a dragstrip directly across the road, rode there many times and loved it!

I one day want to return to the trails I miss it big time something that takes real skill and fitness to ride!

Never rode up there.. About the furthest north I've rode is Durham Town in Ga. That place is a blast as well... SJ

41 - 44 of 44 Posts