Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Here's my 2001 xr650r Supermoto. Its been punched out to 680cc, has a cam and a big Edelbrock pumper carb. It has approx 65-70 rwhp.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
2 stroke vs. 4 stroke answer is traction the 4 stroke hooks up so much better coming out turns any track with big hills the 4 strokes rule, there are very few people that can use a 450 to its potential the down side is when one grenades a motor its 2500-3000 to do total rebuild the 2 stroke advantage is weight and easy starting I have both each has its purpose

·
The Medcine Man
8,149 Posts
OH YES thay are !!! :p My son has a CRF 250R and it doesn't even seem to be half as fast as my 450 ?? I can jump on it, twist the grip and give it hell from 1st to 5th gear.. Then jump on my 450 twist the grip and about kill myself by 3rd !! :rolleyes:

Honestly I can't believe how fast my 450 is and it's pretty much stock too.... SJ
I rode motocross plus, trials for qiute a few years got pretty good could have went some where with it. But I'm with the others 2 strokes make sick power that's the reason Carmicheal never rode a 4 stroke he was one of the nastiest riders in history! Mike Larrocco best I ever seen on a 500. That guy was isane fast on one almost super human! 500 2 stroke there is'nt a human on earth that can take an advantage of the full power they produce. I rode one once draged a 600 4 stroke by third gear he was sucking chunks.

Hey Steve you ever been to a track up on 75 in Ky it's called Daniel Boone Motocross park. They also have a dragstrip directly across the road, rode there many times and loved it!

I one day want to return to the trails I miss it big time something that takes real skill and fitness to ride!

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I raced Open A in Enduros, hence the screen name. Still have the bike (GasGas 300), just don't race any more.

Me on the GasGas

Me on the new KXF450

·
The Medcine Man
8,149 Posts
Oh trust me the pain hasnt been temporary its been getting worse as i get older lol, but i just cant give it up yet!
Yeah I think I know what you mean sometimes. No doubt its a kick ass sport I miss it and hope to one day ride again. I may get my son one and chose to get one for myself as well.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I raced motocross seriously (Intermediate class) until 4 yrs ago
(I am 37 now) I have had 2 neck surgeries and two shoulder surgeries trying to repair the damage I did from my last race. I would love to get back on a bike (don't think I will ever be able to). I still have a practice track on 11 acres and coaching my son now who is riding the 85 class.

·
The Medcine Man
8,149 Posts
RC rode a RMZ 450 both in supercross and outdoors for like 2 years.
But he did'nt want to Suzuki pushing him to. Because back when the 4 stroke movement started he was still on a 2 stroke and the goat was beating everyone like a drum.

·
The Medcine Man
8,149 Posts
I raced motocross seriously (Intermediate class) until 4 yrs ago
(I am 37 now) I have had 2 neck surgeries and two shoulder surgeries trying to repair the damage I did from my last race. I would love to get back on a bike (don't think I will ever be able to). I still have a practice track on 11 acres and coaching my son now who is riding the 85 class.
Pretty much what I did at one time. I mean rode in the intermediate classes. When and if I do decide to ride again I will ride woods and trails with a few jumps in the mix. Motocross takes great skill and endurance that some people don't have. And last but certianly not least balls another thing some people don't have.:cool:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Pretty much what I did at one time. I mean rode in the intermediate classes. When and if I do decide to ride again I will ride woods and trails with a few jumps in the mix. Motocross takes great skill and endurance that some people don't have. And last but certianly not least balls another thing some people don't have.:cool:

Its funny people that have never raced do not understand how physical it is and how much endurance it take to go 5,6,7 laps at a mx race wide open. I have had people think its easy and say here ya go try it, let see you do it lol

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Its funny people that have never raced do not understand how physical it is and how much endurance it take to go 5,6,7 laps at a mx race wide open. I have had people think its easy and say here ya go try it, let see you do it lol

You got that right. The proffesionals do not get near enough credit. They are probably some of the most fit athletes.

·
Registered
414 Posts
But he did'nt want to Suzuki pushing him to. Because back when the 4 stroke movement started he was still on a 2 stroke and the goat was beating everyone like a drum.
He also raced a CRF450 for a year or 2 before he left honda. He is the best and could win on anything but every interview I have ever seen him in he has said that the 4 stroke has way to much of an advantage of two strokes to not ride one against two strokes.

But on that note I have had alot of 4 strokes but im switching back to a 250 2-stroke because in any amatuer races it can be ridden in the lites class against 250 4-strokes and thats a huge advantage.

·
all motor
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
You got that right. The proffesionals do not get near enough credit. They are probably some of the most fit athletes.

I agree. I have heard that moto crossers are in the best shape out of any sport. Don't know if that's true, but its gotta be close.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts