Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like almost every episode Bitchin Rides has a different painter. Does he have several painters on staff or does he go through them often. It seems like if I was still painting thats the kind of shop I would like to work in. Bryce was a painters helper, then became body shop manager, now I dont see him at all.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Manuel has be gone for at least two TV seasons from the show. Same with Shorty at Martin's shop

·
Super Moderator
48,929 Posts
It happens with every show on TV. They get famous from the original show, then they move on to their own shops and careers. Kindig is now on his third painter since the series began.

Even Richard Rawlings painter went on his own,....and Joe Martin doesn't have Shorty anymore either.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I believe Manuel passed away. If you google him it says he died. Sad to hear this. Bryce is still there. I saw him in a recent episode.

·
Super Moderator
48,929 Posts
Manuel has been out of Kindig it Designs since 2017.

·
Super Moderator
48,929 Posts
I believe Manuel passed away. If you google him it says he died. Sad to hear this. Bryce is still there. I saw him in a recent episode.
That was his 80 year old father.

·
Super Moderator
48,929 Posts
Very much alive and thriving

We are happy to report that Manual is very much alive!

The obituary in reference was for his 80-year-old father, who was of the same name. This led fans to believe that the popular Kindig-It painter had passed.

A close relative confirmed that this was indeed not the case and that Manuel “…just wanted to be sure people know he is alive and doing well.” In fact, he has started a body shop of his own in Murray, Utah, and works by himself with some local customers.

Reactions: Roofrackracer

·
Super Moderator
48,929 Posts
Bryce left too.

kindigitdesign

We are sad to announce that Bryce Green is no longer part of Kindig-it Design or affiliated with Bitchin' Rides.
After 5 years at Kindig-it Design, Bryce has decided to move on to other opportunities! We can't thank him enough for being such an amazing Body Shop Manager and for all the hard work. From all of us at Kindig-it Design, Thank you Bryce.

Reactions: IHI

·
Super Moderator
48,929 Posts
Kindig's new body shop manager.

BRANDON JONES
BODY SHOP MANAGER
Brandon is originally from West Valley Utah chills up north in Ogden now. His laid-back wife, kick-ass son, beautiful daughter and two awesome Pitbulls make up the rest of the family. Brandon’s passion in the auto industry started at a young age. He has been customizing and building rides for many years. Joining the Kindig-it crew back in 2010 as a Body Man gave him a chance to work with longtime friends KevDogg and Dave. Brandon’s focus is still on bodywork, but he will also regularly step into other roles of the business as needed to keep the builds on track. Every build he has been a part of offers something new and is revered as another accomplishment. Brandon feels that this is the best shop to work for and there is no other place he would rather be. In his spare time, you can spot him on his custom Harley or in the garage spending quality time with his rides. Brandon is a low-key guy, with a love of good work—and good beer.

·
Super Moderator
48,929 Posts
The new painter is a younger guy with a long beard. Not sure of his name.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
My wife and I noticed this last night as well watching the C10 convertible build getting wrapped up. I said they get famous from being on TV, obviously they're extremely talented working in the environment that they're in, so they open up their own shop.

Side question ... what do you think that C10 cost to build? I heard Dave say several times that it was built solely to be a "show truck" ... like everything else that comes out of that shop isn't?

·
Super Moderator
48,929 Posts
My wife and I noticed this last night as well watching the C10 convertible build getting wrapped up. I said they get famous from being on TV, obviously they're extremely talented working in the environment that they're in, so they open up their own shop.

Side question ... what do you think that C10 cost to build? I heard Dave say several times that it was built solely to be a "show truck" ... like everything else that comes out of that shop isn't?
I would guess 6 figures, that's for sure.....and I wouldn't hesitate to think not just $100,000.00 either. 200k isn't out of the realm of thinking.

·
Super Moderator
48,929 Posts
I guessed $250K. The craftsmanship to make that top fold into the bed was unbelievable.
Yep,...could be more. The guys he builds for are stupid rich. Money is no object. And they work on most vehicles for years, (the ground up builds, that is). That's why we are seeing the old workers on new shows years after they left.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Another possibility is, those shows can work guys to death to meet schedules and dead lines. I talked to a guy on one out of St Louis, and he said they would do some cars that they had people in the shop around the clock working on them to meet the dead lines. He told me that a lot of the guys liked it the first year then hated it after that. The over time was great but he said the time he missed with his kids could not be made up and he about quit over it.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts