Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was turned on to them by a friend and I can't stop listening.. They have been playing tapes of some chick who left 50 frigen messages to her ex .. Some of the funniest shit I have ever heard...

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
tom_cowle said:
Opie and Anthony??? The Howard Stern wanna-be's of radio and now satelite radio.

tom cowle
Seen Stern's ratings lately????....he's becoming a has been :roll: .....Its time for him to retire

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
tom_cowle said:
Jimmy, you could only wish for ratings like he has!

Tom cowle
I didn't say I didn't like him (I listened to him in the early 80's in DC) I'm saying go out on top.....He is becoming what he has cursed "Imus" He doesn't need the money.......he isn't helping Sales of Satilite Radio either.....but thats part of life.....look at Sienfeld....out on top....Carson.....out on top.......this past Tuesday....Raymond....out on top......People with BIG EGO's and low self estiem milk it to death!!!...I was a faithful Stern listener till he left his wife.....I lost all respect for him....He is loosing stations every week.....why....Advertisers aren't paying the big buck......I know....I'm one of them.....people aren't paying $2700 for a 60second spot on the morning drivetime in Philly anymore......He has also became "PC" in the last 15 years too......He showed (along with alot of others) that he didn't have the cloute he was thinkin he had in the '04 Election

·
Registered
303 Posts
Opie and Anthony very funny stuff. I would listen too them on a Philly station (wysp) before they were taken off and they are much better than H. Stern on the radio today. Although He was funny a few years back, the thing that turned me off with stern was when he left his wife and you heard about it every day in some form or another for at least 3 months.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I agree 100% with Jimmy on this.

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Hey Tom......wasn't I sayin what you were sayin about Pat Musi???...When your on Top everybody guns for you.....But also you gotta know when to say when.....its time to say when....for Howard (he can still develope/produce Radio/TV Shows...even Movie's) But if you see the Rating Numbers like I do.....you would see he is on a slow downward spiral "the Death Spin".....that is why he is making such an issue of the FCC thing...to draw attention to himself.....only problem......people don't care anymore......

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tell 'em Tom!!! Frigen everyone complains they want freedom of speech but complain when people flex that right.. If you dont like Stern!! Change the frigen channel!! Why should he retire? Are we running out of radio stations? :evil: :-D

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually Musi is not at the top!! OK he's at the top of the NSCA but some rules were bent for him (Milt Decker & Bob Reiger to ring a few).. Big fish small pond!!Who was Pat Musi when he raced Pro Stock? :-D I looked at the Pro Mod ladder and must have missed the headlines with his name.. small fish big pond.. catch my drift?

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Back to Stern......20+ years ago he was funny (I was younger) He picked on everybody then.....now he is too P.C. as seen in his ratings.....if you are on TV/Radio it all depends on your advertisers.....He has no more FCC Pressure on him now....then he did 20 years ago.....Except now he needs the Press.....so he makes a bigger deal of it....and cries Freedom of Speech....so the Lib's jump on his band wagon (Notice he kisses ass to all LIBERAL idea's now) and you Lib's go running to his side......Advertisers are dropping now.....not because of Content.....because its not worth the investment.....when your lumped into 8 minutes of commercials...people change stations....then come back......advertisers know that.....thats why he is getting dropped in smaller markets......I just did a Radio Buy for a Car Dealership in Philly......."Stern" was throne into the package......6years ago he was a Premium Buy......Satilite won't save him

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I never brought up Pat Musi's name other than to say he looks like he's 8 months pregnant now. Monte is right, BIG fish, little pond.

Bigg's, you sound like a closet Howard Stern listener, you seem to know too much of what he talks to listeners about for you to go on about this topic like this...

He doesn't need saved, he's doing just fine and he keeps me entertained every weekday morning and if I'm up late I check out the E-show. America, you got to love the choices.

My humble opinion
tom cowle

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
The term Closet Stern Listener is from '81 I would talk about it in public and nobody would admit that they listened......I brought up Pat Musi as in everyone wants to pile on the guy on top......I haven't listened in over a year to him.....It used to be for me I could listen for 5 minutes and tell if I was finishing out the morning with him......after he split with his wife I was turned off to him........The thing for me was always how can you do that stuff and stay Married.....turns out you can't........He showed he has no pull with the '04 Election.....if you go back to the Arbitrons....you'll see that was the start of the decline he's on.......When you loose the average guy....your in trouble....even my wife (loyal listener) doesn't tune in.......Your 10 years late for him being good

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jimmy your views are very screwed up all the time. Jim Huber has won 5 straight years in S/M and who bashes him? But Huber wasn't asking for breaks or people to race in different classes.. He just showed up and dominated..

·
OL 10.5 TTF
11,880 Posts
I was turned on to them by a friend and I can't stop listening.. They have been playing tapes of some chick who left 50 frigen messages to her ex .. Some of the funniest shit I have ever heard...
Been listening to them since the late 90's. Not as good of a show since they moved them into the Sirius building.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Holy old thread batman, but at least you used the search button.

I've been listening to Stern and Jason Ellis on sirius, too cheap to spring for the XM extra package to get O & A.

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
Seen Stern's ratings lately????....he's becoming a has been :roll: .....Its time for him to retire
Howard turned into his father about 6-7 years ago, from prankster too annoying interviewer. A lot of this after he re married, guest's like Al Rokker, Joan Rivers, etc.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts