Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the aftermarket trans case's after there cert. expires? What will wear out that renders them to be recertified? Mine has the liner inside it, and NHRA says every 5 years!!!!!! do you all do this with your stuff? Calif. is a long way from Mi. to ship the case, and no way I am sending it accross the Canada border, sorry Hutch, that will cost me too much to send it to you to I think...

Thanks
John

·
Registered
10,012 Posts
it all about the $$$$$.... they are in bed with NHRA,,,, nothing to wear out, as long as it isn't cracked....... or modified outside of whats allowed it's good....... costs about 165$ round trip including the re-cert......... i send about 3-5 out a year.....last one from here was $168.00
Next time they look @ your sticker in tech, ask him where the Magnet is they are supposed to use to check for the intenal liner, they look at you like a deer in headlights, but is supposed to be checked that way as it IS DONE at an NHRA event... all about the $$$$$$$ like i said,
Mine has been out for 3 yrs But i only go to my local track and they quit looking.......do i trust my legs with the sticker out of DATE..???... you bettchaaa..... cause i know it isn't cracked and the liner is there......... good luck...............

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
john:

nothing wears out on the case...nhra just wants another one of their sponsors to make money...

if you are only bracket racing no one ever checks...if you are running nhra divisional and/or national points nhra tech. checks to suppport their sponsor....

fleenor transmissions in port clinton ohio is in the process of applying for certification credentials..

i race brackets throughout the midwest and no track has ever checked case certification.

·
Super Moderator
19,698 Posts
If you want to take a drive one day , let me know.:p There's no sense complaining about recertification because nothing will change. Many do not recertify but when you get caught , it will be at a bad time for sure. This is a rule (its nothing new) and part of the game we play so we have to accept it. No different from seatbelts ,trans shields , helmets etc.

Hutch

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have a problem getting it recertified at all. Thanks for your input and reply's guys;)

Hucth, you have a PM:p

John

·
Registered
969 Posts
Another option is to just buy a new case and then sell your old one that is expired. I get calls every day for people looking for a used aftermarket case. Several grudge racers, tnt, etc....don't care if its got current certification. Cases really hold their resale value too. You can sell a used case for within a couple hundred bucks of new cost......and you'll have about that much invested in the recertification including shipping charges. That way you could be back on the track racing within one day instead of being down for 2 weeks waiting on shipping time and the time its back at Reid.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
it all about the $$$$$.... they are in bed with NHRA,,,, nothing to wear out, as long as it isn't cracked....... or modified outside of whats allowed it's good....... costs about 165$ round trip including the re-cert......... i send about 3-5 out a year.....last one from here was $168.00
Next time they look @ your sticker in tech, ask him where the Magnet is they are supposed to use to check for the intenal liner, they look at you like a deer in headlights, but is supposed to be checked that way as it IS DONE at an NHRA event... all about the $$$$$$$ like i said,
Mine has been out for 3 yrs But i only go to my local track and they quit looking.......do i trust my legs with the sticker out of DATE..???... you bettchaaa..... cause i know it isn't cracked and the liner is there......... good luck...............
Exactly...

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another option is to just buy a new case and then sell your old one that is expired. I get calls every day for people looking for a used aftermarket case. Several grudge racers, tnt, etc....don't care if its got current certification. Cases really hold their resale value too. You can sell a used case for within a couple hundred bucks of new cost......and you'll have about that much invested in the recertification including shipping charges. That way you could be back on the track racing within one day instead of being down for 2 weeks waiting on shipping time and the time its back at Reid.
Now there's an idea!!!! Thanks;)

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Exactly...
Hey boosted Elky, you go 8's yet???? if not, let me know and I will send some funny gas to help you out:smt064:-D:-D:-D

Yeah, racing is just about the same as politics isn't it?, but, if you want to race with the big boys, and be safe and legal in doing so, guess we have to do what we have to do. As defiant as I am about many things, I am only looking to go 8.80's and then do everything in my powers to refine my program to be repeatable and try to start getting a ROI (return on investment) although it will probably never happen, but at lease I am having fun trying!!!:)

How fast are you going now?

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts