Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
I RUN THE 295/65, i have run both and the best 60' with the MT 1.28
Best so far with the Hoosier is 1.29,
the Hoosiers do like more air, i ran 17-18 with the MT and 20-21 so far with the Hoosiers
The Hoosiers do have a softer sidewall, and are more like a radial slick, they work just as good on my car, although it may be considered slow at only a mid 8 sec car
The Hoosiers are a little lighter also
I dont see why anybody would not run them, i like to have different options so i can just get the cheapest tire that works LOL LOL

·
Small tire Pimp
4,304 Posts
I have the Hoosiers on my pig same size 295/65. I haven't made it to the track yet but they do work well on the street

·
Kelly's Nightmare
4,147 Posts
i run the 315, it's a nice tire, took some adjustment to get rid of the tire shake though.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have a cuatomer who finally tried a set of the Hossier Radials after the MT's were so difficult to get. He was very pleased with them and stated he ran his best 60 ft times/et's ever with the hoosiers. I know it hard to switch sometimes when you have something that works, but I don't think you will be disappointed if you try the hoosiers. Good LucK

·
Registered
551 Posts
275/60s

I have a cuatomer who finally tried a set of the Hossier Radials after the MT's were so difficult to get. He was very pleased with them and stated he ran his best 60 ft times/et's ever with the hoosiers. I know it hard to switch sometimes when you have something that works, but I don't think you will be disappointed if you try the hoosiers. Good LucK
What do you get for a set of 275/60/15 . I have a new set but in never hurts to check. Ran the MT had the best of 1.26 60ft with them. Also had very good luck with M&H same 60ft. Several of the people that run our local track run the hoosier, I think they work better than the MT on a marginal track, the MT on my car either hooks solid or they blow off, the M&H might shake a little but I could drive through that. Have not yet ran the Hoosier.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
GLPerf is a good one to deal with. Always at Immokalee when I raced down there.

·
Registered
969 Posts
What do you get for a set of 275/60/15 . I have a new set but in never hurts to check. Ran the MT had the best of 1.26 60ft with them. Also had very good luck with M&H same 60ft. Several of the people that run our local track run the hoosier, I think they work better than the MT on a marginal track, the MT on my car either hooks solid or they blow off, the M&H might shake a little but I could drive through that. Have not yet ran the Hoosier.

I have seen the M&H's in the catalogs, but didn't know anyone that had ever tried them. They have a ton of tread, so I wouldn't have guessed they would work so well. What kind of air pressure do they like compared to the M/T's?

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
i think we're gonna end up going with the 315 hoosier radials... but we will see

·
Let the Clutch Out
17,686 Posts
I have a Freind With The Hoosiers We don't know where a Good Starting point is With Air Pressure on a275/60/15 on a 10 inch rim as of now they don't hook with 17psi and a good suspension

·
Registered
310 Posts
I am using the 275-60-15 Hoosiers on a 10'' rim I run 19-20 psi. And the car pulls 1.40 60ft times. I like the tires but hate the tire life if you drive them on the street.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Give me a call when you have a minute. If you are local use the 954 area code. If not just change area code to 800 and you can reach me toll free. I'm not online everday. Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

The Hoosiers have a much softer sidewall than the M/T's They will probably require a little mor air pressure than the M/T's. More along the lines of a radial slick with three grooves for a tread. I also sell MT & goodyear. I'm not sure exactly what is happening with MT, but it has been very tough to get lately.

Thanks

Jerry

·
Registered
461 Posts
GLPerf is a good one to deal with. Always at Immokalee when I raced down there.
Thank you for the kind words. IRR is a great place to race. Ralph always treats the racers well and they run a good program.

·
Let the Clutch Out
17,686 Posts
I RUN THE 295/65, i have run both and the best 60' with the MT 1.28
Best so far with the Hoosier is 1.29,
the Hoosiers do like more air, i ran 17-18 with the MT and 20-21 so far with the Hoosiers
The Hoosiers do have a softer sidewall, and are more like a radial slick, they work just as good on my car, although it may be considered slow at only a mid 8 sec car
The Hoosiers are a little lighter also
I dont see why anybody would not run them, i like to have different options so i can just get the cheapest tire that works LOL LOL
Do you run Stock Suspension? Are you leaving offa Trans Brake? Just trying to figure out this new Combo and get it to Hook I believe we will have to put more air in the Tire,I know it moves a inch Each Pass and it's Spinning out of the hole

·
Registered
551 Posts
I have seen the M&H's in the catalogs, but didn't know anyone that had ever tried them. They have a ton of tread, so I wouldn't have guessed they would work so well. What kind of air pressure do they like compared to the M/T's?
I ran 16psi in the MT and 17 to 17.5 in the M&H. I like the M&H much better

1 - 18 of 18 Posts