Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,720 Posts
...... Heres the skinny. It acts as a restriction in the air inlet tube, therefore less air requires....less fuel, so the injectors backdown the pulsewidth...therefore using less fuel. What happens when you go smaller on the intake charge (like going from a 850cfm carb to a 650 cfm) throttle response increases making it feel like the car has more power. But top end performance and horsepower goes down. Just My uneducated opinion, but WTF do I know :smt017
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,051 Posts
Yea, they work gooder than any other power adder. My brothers, uncles, sisters, boyfriends, cousin bought on & he put it on his nitrous Yugo (He got it from Monty) & he gained like 400% more mileage & dropped 14 seconds in the 1/4 (from 36 seconds @ 25 MPH). I think he had one of those Nitrous kits from the UK that use straws from Mc Donalds (or did he steal it from Burger King? I cant remember).

ROFLOL.


Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,720 Posts
Maliboost said:
Yea, they work gooder than any other power adder. My brothers, uncles, sisters, boyfriends, cousin bought on & he put it on his nitrous Yugo (He got it from Monty) & he gained like 400% more mileage & dropped 14 seconds in the 1/4 (from 36 seconds @ 25 MPH). I think he had one of those Nitrous kits from the UK that use straws from Mc Donalds (or did he steal it from Burger King? I cant remember).

ROFLOL.


Bob
LOLOLOL :smt044

I know that guy, he is a friend of mines- brothers uncles sisters nephew...LOL
 

·
crew member
Joined
·
10,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jsj372 said:
...... Heres the skinny. It acts as a restriction in the air inlet tube, therefore less air requires....less fuel, so the injectors backdown the pulsewidth...therefore using less fuel. What happens when you go smaller on the intake charge (like going from a 850cfm carb to a 650 cfm) throttle response increases making it feel like the car has more power. But top end performance and horsepower goes down. Just My uneducated opinion, but WTF do I know :smt017
That makes sense. But I was thinking of putting one on my daily driver just for better gas mileage, I dont really need top end performance in my ranger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,720 Posts
FOX 2 did a test on them a few years back when they were called the "Tornado" and some of the cars actually got worse gas mileage. Proper tune up, tire pressure, using lightweight oil for this time of season and driving habits are the only real way to get good fuel economy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,051 Posts
jsj372 said:
Proper tune up, tire pressure, using lightweight oil for this time of season and driving habits are the only real way to get good fuel economy.
thats what Im talking about. just like a race car, make it weigh less & push less air & it takes less HP to move it through the air.

Also reducing speed (assuming freeway driving) will help as well.

Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,051 Posts
jsj372 said:
Hey, Monty's not the only one who can start chit :-D , he's just the best
ARE YOU STONED? Monty had to widen his doorways to fit his head in his house after the CFSC win. you keep that up & he will end up living out in the barn with Burtha on the wireless laptop.

Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,720 Posts
Maliboost said:
jsj372 said:
Hey, Monty's not the only one who can start chit :-D , he's just the best
ARE YOU STONED? Monty had to widen his doorways to fit his head in his house after the CFSC win. you keep that up & he will end up living out in the barn with Burtha on the wireless laptop.

Bob

Lets see.....had my wisdom teeth yanked last week and have been on prescrbed meds since.......does that answer your question :-D
 

·
God Bless America
Joined
·
10,615 Posts
jsj372 said:
Anyone who builds a Ford :shock: :shock: That should get Chuck L, Silvercv2002 and others going.....Hey, Monty's not the only one who can start chit :-D , he's just the best
:smt098
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,139 Posts
WORKS??

kelly andersen said:
if they worked the factory would install them.

True statement.....

Yea the auto makers spend billions of dollars trying to improve milage... and someone comes along with a $2.00 part they didn't think about????? I doubt it...

Keith
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
738 Posts
Re: WORKS??

k-star said:
kelly andersen said:
if they worked the factory would install them.

True statement.....

Yea the auto makers spend billions of dollars trying to improve milage... and someone comes along with a $2.00 part they didn't think about????? I doubt it...

Keith
Interesting thought, I understand from one source that they are to be installed on the new Ford 3 valve truck motor next year.

I sell a ton of tornados Actually they sell themselves guys all know a guy who says they work. I think its physcosamatic (sp) guy spends 80 bucks for this thing wants it to work so bad so he dosent look like a smuck he accelarates a little less, drives a little slower generally cleans up his driving habits and VOILA better milage!! I put one in my 4.6 f150 picked up 1.8 mpg who Knows??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,263 Posts
what is funny is they claim swirl the air this.. vortex that blah blah blah...


what happend to that vortex once it hits an open throttle body and it can't swirl around any more????

anyone? bueler(sp)?

i think the air would go back to doing what it does normally once it hits any form of throttle body, butterfly etc...
 

·
Complete Smartass
Joined
·
6,190 Posts
That sort of clear headed logic is not welcome around here :-D Hows this put it on your old ladys car without telling her and see if she gets better mileage :smt005
 

·
crew member
Joined
·
10,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
N2Ojunkie said:
what is funny is they claim swirl the air this.. vortex that blah blah blah...


what happend to that vortex once it hits an open throttle body and it can't swirl around any more????

anyone? bueler(sp)?

i think the air would go back to doing what it does normally once it hits any form of throttle body, butterfly etc...
Thats what I started thinking. Maybe if you put something in the runner just before the fuel injector but that aint going to happen.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top